GDT: 2013 NHL Entry Draft Part II -- MOD Warning post#229

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Continue here!

NHL2013Draft.png

As of right now the Colorado Avalanche hold the following pick in the 2013 NHL entry draft:

1st OA, 32 OA, 63 OA (moved down one spot because the Jets failed to sign their 2008 1st round pick and were given a compensatory 2nd round pick), 93 OA, 123 OA, 153 OA and last but not least the 183 OA pick.

List of helpful links:

NHL.com draft center

TSN.ca

Avs main page

Draft order

Twitter accounts:

Bobby Mac

Dreger

Friedman

Dater - enter at your own risk

LeBrun

Lavoie

Avs official twitter

Player profiles:

Nathan MacKinnon

Jonathan Drouin

Sasha Barkov

Seth Jones

Valeri Nichushkin

As we all know Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy and Rick Pracey all came out and said that they rate Nathan MacKinnon the highest of all draft eligable players in a series of interviews.

Lets hope for a good draft day for the Avs and I wish you all a happy NHL draft day.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Because St. Louis is in our division/conference? Win win IMO

People keep screaming they never work, but there is some teams that are seriously up against the cap.

If they have a chance of working it's this off-season.

Agree, and its a good business move even if it doesn't work (No Risk if a team matches)

I think McDonagh should be our first attempt. Pietro will be a compensation tier above McD at least.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
James Duthie @tsnjamesduthie
Roberto Luongo: "I'm shocked! I have to let this sink in and figure out what I'm going to do."

Do the right thing Lu, say you'll never play for the Canucks again.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
63 OA (moved down one spot because the Jets failed to sign their 2008 1st round pick and were given a compensatory 2nd round pick) ?

Never seen/heard about this before.......So if you don't sign your pick you get given a free pick at a later draft?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
As long as the Avs don't jump of the HFBoards Board we will be getting a very good player with top6/4/starting goalie potential. I think Fucale will go to Florida at 31 though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They really can't stretch this out longer? 29 picks in 3 hours. The finals started tell me who the avs pick im done.:rant:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think they tried to pick another ROR last year and it kinda you know did not turn out well so far...

I hope they go Hartman, Petan or Fucale. Maybe McCoshen.
Don't really want Zykov or Hagg.

Just take one of the first three.
Goalie is not a need but I am convinced that picking Fucale would make us look awfully good in a few years. Similiar to what Anaheim did with Gibson.
He is a stud IMO...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
#30 coming up. Only two picks between us and 32, wtih Erne, Hartman, Petan, and Fucale still on board. My guess is one of them will be donning the Avs jersey in 15 minutes or so.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

63 OA (moved down one spot because the Jets failed to sign their 2008 1st round pick and were given a compensatory 2nd round pick) ?

Never seen/heard about this before.......So if you don't sign your pick you get given a free pick at a later draft?

Compensatory picks are normal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad