2013 NHL Draft Thread II (6/30, 3PM EDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Something I think being overlooked as well as the players we are drafting, is the environment they are coming to drafted by CBJ. The type of team this is(at least was last year) nothing like most NHL teams. Everybody put their fair share of hardwork. Not a single line was the #1 line out there. Which I think is a huge advantage over having your basic 1,2,3,4. If you have 4 situational lines all around the same skill level, than in theory your play shouldnt drop off, knowing your "4th line" can keep up, at least with the intensity and defensive play of the opposing teams 1st. With that being said, we need to find the RIGHT players to slot into our lineup. Not for this year or next year, but the overall direction you want the team to go. Having 3 first round picks could potentially help "stock the pond" for a few years to come, which is a very very good organizational problem to have.

We have talked about that a little bit, but I agree with you.

One thing I hope we don't do is draft based on what someone does at the end of the season. I have seen people give the reason of a player playing well for them moving up. I just think that is a big mistake. You should base your opinion on their entire season and more. Obviously, how they perform in a big situation, like the playoffs, can be used as a tie breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad