Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft: The Avalanche Select... (Discuss Avs Selections In Here)

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

8599824.jpg

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

He's a great kid. Think he's a little simple, but I think he's a great kid.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Roy says he'll start the season with McGinn and Downie.

Still very early and things could change but that seems a bit odd. It's good that Roy is putting him with two big guys who will throw their weight around but neither one of them is a playmaker and they aren't very good defensively either. Downie isn't a bad playmaker but I thought they might put someone like Tanguay with MacKinnon.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Roy says he'll start the season with McGinn and Downie.

Still very early and things could change but that seems a bit odd. It's good that Roy is putting him with two big guys who will throw their weight around but neither one of them is a playmaker and they aren't very good defensively either. Downie isn't a bad playmaker but I thought they might put someone like Tanguay with MacKinnon.

Downie is okay playmaker imo.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just realized there's two draft threads. One for other teams, and one for our picks?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just realized there's two draft threads. One for other teams, and one for our picks?

One is a General Draft Talk thread, where we can discuss everything during the draft. Trade Rumors, picks, etc.

The 2nd one is a thread for discussion on our Picks only. A place where someone can go to quickly find out who we picked, get scouting reports, video, pics, etc.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think Avs will eventually need a top talent on Mackinnon's wing like he had Drouin so he can really produce to his highest level

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think Avs will eventually need a top talent on Mackinnon's wing like he had Drouin so he can really produce to his highest level

For the life of me I can't figure out why Roy would rather play Tanguay at RW with another playmaker in Stastny, than with MacKinnon, and why he's decided this three months before seeing how every gels with each other at training camp.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
For the life of me I can't figure out why Roy would rather play Tanguay at RW with another playmaker in Stastny, than with MacKinnon, and why he's decided this three months before seeing how every gels with each other at training camp.

Tanguay has the most experience. Perhaps he is the most adaptable.

Does anyone have info on Bigras?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Guys, this thread is ONLY for discussion on the players we pick. A place where posters can come in and try and find some info out on who we draft. ANY talk about the Draft in general or our lines, etc. need to be moved to their appropriate threads.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
After my initial moment of being confused and bummed out that they passed on Erne, Bigras isn't a bad pick at all.

I bet they were really hoping for McCoshen but Florida scooped him up so they went with plan B. (get it, B for Bigras?)

Either way they grab a guy who's got great hockey sense in his won end especially, just wish he was a tad bigger. When he bulks up his size won't be an issue though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Guys, this thread is ONLY for discussion on the players we pick. A place where posters can come in and try and find some info out on who we draft. ANY talk about the Draft in general or our lines, etc. need to be moved to their appropriate threads.

Should have just had a separate thread for each of our picks so we could discuss those things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad