Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft: The Avalanche Select... (Discuss Avs Selections In Here)

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Apparently we had him at 14 on our list or something around there?

I think teams had drastically different lists this year. I think most teams around the NHL will be able to say the same about their picks.

Feaster said all his first round picks were in the top 13 on his list.

bidzey*

To be fair, Bigras might have been drafted 32nd overall, but he was 19th ranked skater at the halfway point and 14th in the final ranking. He's a first round talent.
that was only in North America ratings, not world wide

Last edited by a moderator:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs European FanClub ‏@Eurolanche 4m
Roy: D Chris Bigras (#Avs second round choice of this year´s draft) could be a surprise and make a team.

It would be great if he's good enough to make the jump, I just don't understand how people are making this a rumor without him even being on the ice with the team yet?

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
It would be great if he's good enough to make the jump, I just don't understand how people are making this a rumor without him even being on the ice with the team yet?

Roy said that in the tele conference with season ticket holders I believe. The only one starting the rumors is Patrick :)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Roy said that in the tele conference with season ticket holders I believe. The only one starting the rumors is Patrick :)

Really? :laugh: has Roy even seen him play before. I guess he's just trying to get fans excited about our prospects but maybe he should slow down and let something like... training camp happen before he states his lineup for next year.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Really? :laugh: has Roy even seen him play before. I guess he's just trying to get fans excited about our prospects but maybe he should slow down and let something like... training camp happen before he states his lineup for next year.

A lot of people think he was 1st round talent. He is a very smart kid and thinks the game well. Most think the issue will be physically. In http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1455059&page=4 that thread there is a very nice write up by TMV and you can read everything Patrick and Joe said.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I can't find any 2nd round defenseman in the last 20 years that has made the team straight away. Would be shocked if Bigras did.

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis
I can't find any 2nd round defenseman in the last 20 years that has made the team straight away. Would be shocked if Bigras did.

Has there been a defense with this amount of talent (or lack there of) in the last 20 years?

Seriously, Roy's comment is more about how high they are on this kid than anything else.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
He won't make the team, but Roy did seem pretty excited about him.

Him going back and playing a bigger role offensively with Ceci gone can only help his development.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with this Bigras selection, gives the Avs two solid shutdown prospects on LD, with Siemens bringing more size and aggression, and Bigras with a more cerebral approach. Should mix in well with Barrie and Elliott in the long run. Hopefully we can find EJ a partner, or develop one.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I really wanted Erne over Bigras, but he is still a good pick. I had him a little lower in my mind, but I can see why Pracey would like him because he is a very safe pick. The kid reads the play very well and hardly ever made a mistake when I saw him, high hockey IQ. Moves the puck well and although not big, uses his skating and is elusive to avoid hits. A good NHL comparable would be a better skating/more offensive potential Rob Scuderi.

Can someone give me a breakdown of all the other players we drafted? (other than Mack)

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
all I care about is if Bigras is better than Matt Hunwick, if you were to compare them today. If the answer is yes, then he has a shot.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
all I care about is if Bigras is better than Matt Hunwick, if you were to compare them today. If the answer is yes, then he has a shot.

Just because he's better than Hunwick doesn't mean you bring him up. Bringing him up before he's ready could stunt his development.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

He's a risk-free kind of guy. I just don't know if he can make a big enough impact to take a roster spot.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Just because he's better than Hunwick doesn't mean you bring him up. Bringing him up before he's ready could stunt his development.

He's a risk-free kind of guy. I just don't know if he can make a big enough impact to take a roster spot.

From what I hear, he's a quick learner and smart hockey player. If he gets a little stronger over the summer and has a good camp, I don't see how it will stunt his development with proper coaching. Footer could help.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
From what I hear, he's a quick learner and smart hockey player. If he gets a little stronger over the summer and has a good camp, I don't see how it will stunt his development with proper coaching. Footer could help.

Probably because it's better to play 22 minutes a night somewhere rather than 10, even if would be against top competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad