News Article: 2013 NHL Draft Results: Top 10 Team Performances (THW)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
ps241: I could see someone overpaying for a free agent, then having to shed salary for cap reasons. Good time to be in the trade market at that point, imho.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I wouldn't sell Copp short either Hank....not sure if you have seen his interview on Jets TV yet or if you have followed the back story a bit but I am now a very big fan of the pick.

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=241&id=261442&lang=en

I hope that is the link to the Copp interview.....ok I think it is the Morrissey interview but Copp is on the same page.....technology is not my friend LOL

I'll admit that I know next to nothing about Copp, but I do like what I've heard about him.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
In April he was consensus 14 by nhlnumbers, which combines the major lists (McKenzie, Button, HP, ISS, etc, etc) and weights them by historical accuracy.

EDIT:

Here's the April list:

http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/4/13/2013-nhl-draft-rankings-seth-jones-valeri-nichushkin

On that note - There is often more value in fallers than risers IMO. Especially if the faller has been on the radar for a long time (Morrisey).

Risers (the ones who caused Morrissey to fall) often rise based on small sample sizes (playoffs) or non hockey stuff (interviews / measurables).

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Just a comment on the article, I was surprised at the lack of mention of Nic Petan. What could be a steal and the 2nd leading scorer in both WHL Reg. Season and Playoffs. I know you can't mention them all, but that was a fantastic pickup.

Thanks StronGeer - I honestly intended to mention him - he was obviously another key as to why I had the Jets ranked where I did - outstanding pick.

___

*2013 NHL Draft Prospect Index

**2013 NHL Draft Guide: The Next Ones
***2013 NHL Draft Rankings: The Next Ones Final Top 210

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
ps241: I could see someone overpaying for a free agent, then having to shed salary for cap reasons. Good time to be in the trade market at that point, imho.

Very true.....it will be interesting to see how it all plays out this summer.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Three guys I was hoping to draft went just b4 we drafted.....# 50 Dillion Heatherington....... and # 57 William Carrier.....at the time we had the 59 th and 61 st picks....

I also wanted Oliver Bjorkstand(89) out of Portland (WHL) to play with Petan.....He was picked 2 picks b4 we picked JP Lipon(91)........ so it will be interesting to watch how those two progress,,,,,,,,,,

P.S. im glad we picked (D) Jan Kostalek at (114) instead of(D) Jordan Subban (115).......:handclap:

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Three guys I was hoping to draft went just b4 we drafted.....# 50 Dillion Heatherington....... and # 57 William Carrier.....at the time we had the 59 th and 61 st picks....

I also wanted Oliver Bjorkstand(89) out of Portland (WHL) to play with Petan.....He was picked 2 picks b4 we picked JP Lipon(91)........ so it will be interesting to watch how those two progress,,,,,,,,,,

P.S. im glad we picked (D) Jan Kostalek at (114) instead of(D) Jordan Subban (115).......:handclap:

Great thoughts DY17.

Heatherington & Carrier were steals at those positions, as was Bjorkstrand, who I wouldve thought would have been a 2nd rnder.

I would not have minded Subban at 114th, but have to agree with you - Kostalek was a very astute pick, especially this late.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Great thoughts DY17.

Heatherington & Carrier were steals at those positions, as was Bjorkstrand, who I wouldve thought would have been a 2nd rnder.

I would not have minded Subban at 114th, but have to agree with you - Kostalek was a very astute pick, especially this late.

I know Holden was very high on him. Said he was the steal of the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad