7. — 4.7%
8.— 3.6%
9. — 2.7%
10. — 2.1%
11. — 1.5%
12. — 1.1%
13. — 0.8%
14. — 0.5%

This means Tampa has a 43.8% chance of picking #3, 14.2% chance of picking #1, and a 42% chance of picking #4.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Lottery Odds

1. — 25.0%
2. — 18.8%
3. — 14.2%
4. — 10.7%
5.— 8.1%
6. — 6.2%
7. — 4.7%
8.— 3.6%
9. — 2.7%
10. — 2.1%
11. — 1.5%
12. — 1.1%
13. — 0.8%
14. — 0.5%

This means Tampa has a 43.8% chance of picking #3, 14.2% chance of picking #1, and a 42% chance of picking #4.

I don't think odds work like that... Am I wrong?

Wouldn't that mean that Florida has a 25% chance of picking first, and a 75% chance of picking second?

EDIT: Okay, now I've confused myself.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If Colorado or Florida win the lottery, we're still in 3rd. If we win, we move up to first. If anyone else wins, they move up to 1 and we drop to 4 behind Florida and Colorado.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
If Colorado or Florida win the lottery, we're still in 3rd. If we win, we move up to first. If anyone else wins, they move up to 1 and we drop to 4 behind Florida and Colorado.

I think I was in denial of your numbers, but it was logical upon further evaluation.

In reality, the odds are probably

Oilers: 100%

Everyone else: 0%.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Since we're not picking #5 I closed the Draft Poll and moved a couple of posts here.

Official lottery info: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=658503

Draft lottery will be held on Monday, April 29th.
All seven rounds of the Draft will be held on Sunday, June 30th with TV coverage starting at 3 PM ET.

The draft gets underway at 3 p.m. ET as James Duthie hosts live coverage in Canada on TSN direct from the draft floor along with TSN's panel of experts. RDS will present exclusive French-language coverage throughout Canada. In the U.S., NBC Sports Network presents live coverage starting at 3 p.m. ET, while NHL Network in the U.S. continues live late-round coverage starting at 8 p.m. ET.

Last edited:

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
My order of preference would be...

1. Jones
2. Mackinnon
3. Drouin
4. Barkov

If we pick 4th I would probably look to trade the pick for a package that includes a young NHL ready defenseman. If we pick top 3 I'm fine with anybody.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I ran a lottery simulation a few times to see what I got for an outcome.

FWIW:

1st Run: Avs
2nd Run: Avs
3rd Run: Hurricanes

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Samuel Morin is the real deal. He's got the size, and he's fantastic with his stick in his own end. He would be the perfect 2nd round pick for this team. Hopefully he's still around at #33, his draft stock is rising quickly because of his play this tournament (u18 WC).

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Samuel Morin is the real deal. He's got the size, and he's fantastic with his stick in his own end. He would be the perfect 2nd round pick for this team. Hopefully he's still around at #33, his draft stock is rising quickly because of his play this tournament (u18 WC).

I'm not a big fan of guys that big, for some reason, they always seem to be less physical than expected (with some exceptions of course) and they are just so slow. I prefer guys around 6'2 to 6'4.

It would be soooo awesome if Mirko Müller would drop to us in the 2nd round or we could move up a little to get him. I really think he can go everywhere between 15 and 33 eh early 2nd round :sarcasm:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Yotes fan coming in peace. Would you at all be interested in a package centered on Gormley if the Bolts did indeed drop to 4th?

Gormley would be awesome, but what would you want?

I doubt you are willing to pay Gormley and your first for our first (4th overall) right?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Gormley would be awesome, but what would you want?

I doubt you are willing to pay Gormley and your first for our first (4th overall) right?

I'd probably be the only Yotes fan that would offer that if I were desperate lol, but realistically, I'd rather not give up both together unless it was MacKinnon sitting there (in which case I'm sure you guys, much less any team, would just scoop him up). Would be willing to add non-core pieces (i.e. not Yandle, OEL, Hanzal, Boedker, Vrbata), but I don't think the gap in value would ever be made up.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I'd probably be the only Yotes fan that would offer that if I were desperate lol, but realistically, I'd rather not give up both together unless it was MacKinnon sitting there (in which case I'm sure you guys, much less any team, would just scoop him up). Would be willing to add non-core pieces (i.e. not Yandle, OEL, Hanzal, Boedker, Vrbata), but I don't think the gap in value would ever be made up.

What if we add another forward prospect?
My obvious offer would be JT Brown, as he will be the odd man out in Tampa anyways.
Other guy I would be willing to offer would be Jaroslav Janus, as I don't see a place in the organization for him as well.

Other question, what is Micheal Stones ultimate ceiling and which prospect would it take to get him?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Other question, what is Micheal Stones ultimate ceiling and which prospect would it take to get him?

I think Stone has solidified himself as a Top 4 d-man with his progress this year. Though he'll never be a OEL with his skating, his skating has made huge strides - it's no longer a deficiency. Huge, accurate shot (5 goals, 2nd only to Yandle among team d-men), very solid in his own end, and can really hit.

In short, Stone is basically a younger version of Derek Morris except without the bad penalties. And he's likely going to replace Morris as Yandle's partner once Morris hits UFA next season. If we were thinking about moving him, we'd probably ask for Killorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad