GDT: 2013 NHL Draft - 3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
I subscribe to Redline Reports, which does its own scouting and independent analysis, which over the years has proven to be very insightful. Redline lists Jones No. 1 and describes him as a "generational" talent, a description that has not been used in many years by that publication. Drouin is listed as No. 2.

I am not suggesting that Redline is right. Other than looking at TV and some film, I have not seen any of the top 4 play live so who am I to judge?

Jan 19, 2006
Drouin is sort of the wild card in all this but NO ONE is saying Barkov is better than any of those guys.

If he were North American I think you'd see more of that.

European scouts seem to be raving about the kid.

I'm not advocating that the cats take him at #2, but if they did I wouldn't be throwing the remote.

..and picking Ted Ginn (and the Ginn family) was nowhere nearly as bad as picking Jamar Fletcher when Drew Brees was still on the board.

The Panthers will be fine with any of the top 4 guys.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

I'm not advocating that the cats take him at #2, but if they did I wouldn't be throwing the remote.

..and picking Ted Ginn (and the Ginn family) was nowhere nearly as bad as picking Jamar Fletcher when Drew Brees was still on the board.

You had to bring that up today Frog...really? :rant: :laugh: :cry:

South Florida Canuck

Biggest Canucks Superfan in South Florida
Jun 8, 2006
Jupiter, FL

Oh God! Don't remind me of that! I will never forget that day back in 2001. I was so sure Brees was going to be the pick and when they called Fletchers name, I about lost it. I actually did smash my remote (no joke) when that happened.

I just think that MacKinnon/Jones and even to a lesser extent Drouin are too good to pass on in order to get cute by drafting Barkov.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey

It's possible we see Evander Kane traded today. Hearing there's a couple teams who have approached Jets.
Everything is happening.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
"Next we're going to talk about the top goalies in this draft"

Talk only about Fucale.

So, there's no other goalies available? :laugh:

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
************* ‏@************* 16s

#Panthers Stephen Weiss discussing new contract, have made Fleischmann available today, also confirmed Theodore will walk UFA #nhldraft #NSS
Sooo, signing Weiss and dumping Flash..Not good IMO

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL

Don't forget Eddie Moore instead of Anquan Bolden.:shakehead

I'm happy with Mackinnon, Jones, or Barkov. Drouin for some reason scares me that he could not pan out. (Which probably means hell end up being the best of the 4.)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Pronger is looking good.

Probably not good enough to play, but at least he's helping the Flyers in scouting.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Seth jones should be the player we pick today. We need defense just as badly as we need offense. We also need to make trades guys like seguin and e Kane are rumored.

Exciting times!

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Man, you know free agency is bad this year when they have Weiss, Ryder, Bryz, and Elias in their Free Agency Special on Friday

meh, weiss is still a capabel 2C, elias is a hall of famer, ryder is a 30 goal scorer

dont think its bad, but there's no big fish

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Aaron Portzline
Told #CBJ deal with Bobrovsky is for two years. Expected to be completed today, perhaps before the #NHL draft begins at 3 p.m.
Officer Bob seems to be staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad