Speculation: 2013 NHL Central Scouting Movement Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFinn*

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2013-articles/june/2013-nhl-entry-draft-speculation-for-the-minnesota-wild-forwards.html

Here are some of the best forward options for the Wild if they keep their current selections in the draft IMO that fit their needs.

Great analysis of the needs as it is the same as my own, i can prove it with posts here. :D

Waiting for the D prospects you have found with interest.

Those big mean shutdown guys, who would you like via trade, not talking about prospects?

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
There are lots of players I'd like in a trade...

Great analysis of the needs as it is the same as my own, i can prove it with posts here. :D

Waiting for the D prospects you have found with interest.

Those big mean shutdown guys, who would you like via trade, not talking about prospects?

But I don't think the Wild have much to offer. An Adam McQuaid or a Jonny Boychuk would help a ton but I don't see a deal like that getting done.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So true. They need to shift gears and quit drafting slowies like Zucker and tiny corner sissies like Coyle. To compete in today's league they need aggressive, fiesty forwards who'll get thrown out of games in 16 seconds or less.

Coyle wasn't drafted by Minnesota, but your point is received.

However, we do need more shooters and defense.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Granted i'm no expert on who the projected prospects are in the 2nd round where the Wild pick. However, given still are organizational need on D would like to see them go D with the first pick assuming they don't move up.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
I think we might need to trade up to the top of round 2, but I'd love for the Wild to get their hands on Michael Mccarron from the development program. I saw him play a few times this year, and he's physical and can absolutely fly.

The kid is 6'5" and 225. He could be a very effective power forward at the NHL level.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
I'm not sold on him...

I think we might need to trade up to the top of round 2, but I'd love for the Wild to get their hands on Michael Mccarron from the development program. I saw him play a few times this year, and he's physical and can absolutely fly.

The kid is 6'5" and 225. He could be a very effective power forward at the NHL level.

Great size, but so many guys like that fail. He wasn't putting up monster numbers and that makes me nervous when they say they hope he will someday. Even if he was a point-per-game guy I'd be buying that pick, but too speculative for me.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
montreal has picks 25, 34, and 36. gmcf should definitely try to make a deal, even if we could just trade picks to move up into the early part of the 2nd round. moving up 10 or 12 spots would be awesome

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
They have a much larger chance of trading up than us trading for one of theirs.

true, I could see many teams going either way. calgary, colombus, i believe have 3 in the first, some have 2. there will probably be a lot of trades in this draft. especially if the cap is forcing teams to make moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad