Speculation: 2013 NHL Central Scouting Movement Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFinn*

As things are now they are currently holding the rights to

Overall

Thanks. :)

Lot of Swedes could be available around the first one, hope someone can tell something about them. That is one place you can find gems at those rankings.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Lets run a Islanders "light" and try to trade all our draftpicks for the 2nd Overall.. Since we dont have a 1st rnd, we could atlest try to get a top 5 for all our picks..

I dont know if this is sheer genius or sheer idiocy.

Either way it would be...different.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I wouldn't mind giving up many of our draft picks and a maybe a decent valued player for a top 10 pick. Seems like a good move to me. Anybody in this 1st round could end up being an automatic superstar. Such a good draft this year. I doubt it will happen though.

WildFinn*

I wouldn't mind giving up many of our draft picks and a maybe a decent valued player for a top 10 pick. Seems like a good move to me. Anybody in this 1st round could end up being an automatic superstar. Such a good draft this year. I doubt it will happen though.

There is one trade partner that we might have luck with.

Kekäläinen heads Columbus and knows how to play and develop Granlund, so trade him there.

They have also have some players we would love to have playing for us and they also have three first rounders..

There is possibility for win-win if you look at what they have.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
There is one trade partner that we might have luck with.

Kekäläinen heads Columbus and knows how to play and develop Granlund, so trade him there.

They have also have some players we would love to have playing for us and they also have three first rounders..

There is possibility for win-win if you look at what they have.

Good catch. I just don't know if it is time to trade Granlund, but whatever they can do to makes this a winning team they need to do.

WildFinn*

Good catch. I just don't know if it is time to trade Granlund, but whatever they can do to makes this a winning team they need to do.

Well that it is the one place that might give fair value for Granlund so i would keep him in the block for them.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
I wouldn't give much...

For Granlund. He hasn't shown me he's a sure-fire star player in the NHL at all. If anything he looks pretty suspect; especially when you consider his limitations.

As far as this draft goes. We could draft a superstar? I'm not seeing it. I think there will be a reasonable player available at #46. Trading up is ok, but trading them all for a 1st round pick? Nah, not in this draft. Each prospect, beyond the top 5-6 all have serious question marks about them. Not just minor issues, like the kind of questions where you have to ask is he going to be a decent player or a bust. That to me makes the picks pretty high risk. I will post my draft articles as we get closer to the draft here. Either way, I hope the tracker is a tool you can use when coming up with your own lists, etc.

WildFinn*

For Granlund. He hasn't shown me he's a sure-fire star player in the NHL at all. If anything he looks pretty suspect; especially when you consider his limitations.

As far as this draft goes. We could draft a superstar? I'm not seeing it. I think there will be a reasonable player available at #46. Trading up is ok, but trading them all for a 1st round pick? Nah, not in this draft. Each prospect, beyond the top 5-6 all have serious question marks about them. Not just minor issues, like the kind of questions where you have to ask is he going to be a decent player or a bust. That to me makes the picks pretty high risk. I will post my draft articles as we get closer to the draft here. Either way, I hope the tracker is a tool you can use when coming up with your own lists, etc.

Granlund will not be a bust and Kekäläinen would take him but naturally he would try to do it cheap first.
Im more worried about his develoment under Yeo, he is not his type of player. Could be best to part ways if the deal is good enough.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
IMO, we get rid of Yeo before we get rid of Granlund.

Getting rid of Granlund doesn't fix any problem the Wild has, it only exposes it more.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
at this point we need quality over quantity

We still need quantity. Our prospect list looks pretty battered after last season. Phillips, Dumba, Granlund, Bulmer had difficulty developing to the next level. Coyle didn't look out of place in the NHL physically but he'll need to start developing better offense. Zucker was the opposite. Looked great offensively, needs to develop a little more physically. Haula and Graovac are complete unknowns. Brodin is probably the best out of all of them. But we could still use some depth.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
We still need quantity. Our prospect list looks pretty battered after last season. Phillips, Dumba, Granlund, Bulmer had difficulty developing to the next level. Coyle didn't look out of place in the NHL physically but he'll need to start developing better offense. Zucker was the opposite. Looked great offensively, needs to develop a little more physically. Haula and Graovac are complete unknowns. Brodin is probably the best out of all of them. But we could still use some depth.
Well said my friend.. I Still don't get the "Love affair" with Fletcher.. I hope all ya'll that love him end up being right and he takes us to the promise land. But IMO most of the fore mentioned prospect's, with the exception of Brodin have done little or nothing to make me think this talent pool we "supposedly" have is all that great. I get that they are young and a few may develop some, But I see very little Muscle, very little speed, and Zero Nasty... 3 things this franchise needs more than anything coming in from this list of prospects.. IMO The Wild will never be taken seriously, and certainly won't win consistently until Fletcher figure's out they need to Stop drafting small-slow- non physical forwards, and find some player's that would run Grandma over if it meant winning a battle in the corner..

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Well said my friend.. I Still don't get the "Love affair" with Fletcher.. I hope all ya'll that love him end up being right and he takes us to the promise land. But IMO most of the fore mentioned prospect's, with the exception of Brodin have done little or nothing to make me think this talent pool we "supposedly" have is all that great. I get that they are young and a few may develop some, But I see very little Muscle, very little speed, and Zero Nasty... 3 things this franchise needs more than anything coming in from this list of prospects.. IMO The Wild will never be taken seriously, and certainly won't win consistently until Fletcher figure's out they need to Stop drafting small-slow- non physical forwards, and find some player's that would run Grandma over if it meant winning a battle in the corner..

So true. They need to shift gears and quit drafting slowies like Zucker and tiny corner sissies like Coyle. To compete in today's league they need aggressive, fiesty forwards who'll get thrown out of games in 16 seconds or less.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
I thought Fasching...

What about Nicolas Petan? Could he be avalible at 46?

Hudson Fasching maybe in the 3rd? How is his style of play?

Was outstanding as a Freshman at Apple Valley but IMO he's regressed. He's a gentle player, strong physically but not fierce. He's the guy I fear the Wild Wild will take for the 'feel good' story of his own. I understand why people are rooting for him, but it shouldn't trump his milquetast production in the USHL.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
just a friendly fyi: the wilds draft picks in the article is incorrect. we have two 3rds, I believe thats picks 70 and 81?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad