OT: 2013 NFL playoffs and other hirings/firings

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He improved the defense and offense right off the bat with the Bucs from Dungy, not to say he didn't inherit some of Dungy's work, but Gruden still had to carry the job out

If Norv Turner doesn't get a HC job, he wouldn't be a bad option for the Jets to consider for the OC job

Gruden's career arc is interesting to say the least. It's not like he didn't build a team in Oakland. He just didn't get to finish the job there. He might have been able to if it wasn't for the dreaded tuck rule. At least they would have gotten to the SB that year and maybe King Al doesn't send him packing.

I don't really see Rex and Norv working together after Rex's comments about Norv last year, unfortunately :laugh: (about how he would have won SB's there). Maybe Wisenhunt if he doesn't get another HC job right away.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So is Reid going to San Diego?

He said publicly he wanted to go there, so that'll be an interesting story to keep tabs on. I just hope San Diego can get a good running back that can stay healthy.

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
Gruden's career arc is interesting to say the least. It's not like he didn't build a team in Oakland. He just didn't get to finish the job there. He might have been able to if it wasn't for the dreaded tuck rule. At least they would have gotten to the SB that year and maybe King Al doesn't send him packing.

I don't really see Rex and Norv working together after Rex's comments about Norv last year, unfortunately :laugh: (about how he would have won SB's there). Maybe Wisenhunt if he doesn't get another HC job right away.

I would love to see Norv run the Giants offense, but Tom Coughlin would never can Gilbride.

I don't think Wisenhut would get another HC job immediately, the only guys I can see getting something like that is tenured guys like Andy Reid and Lovie Smith.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
0ap1000000119753.jpg

So... any ideas how this plays out?

Colts def. Ravens
Texans def. Bengals
Seahawks def. Redskins
Packers def. Vikings

Broncos def. Colts
Patriots def. Texans
Seahawks def. Falcons
Packers def. 49ers

Broncos def. Patriots
Packers def. Seahawks

Broncos def. Packers

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I would like the Seahawks had they won their division. Then they would've had a home game and a pretty good chance at a home NFL Championship game. I still like them, but winning three games on the road is going to be tough.

If I had to pick:

Seahawks beat Redskins
Packers beat Vikings
Colts beat Ravens
Texans beat Bengals

49ers beat Packers
Seahawks beat Falcons
Broncos beat Colts
Texans beat Patriots

Broncos beat Texans
Seahawks beat 49ers

Seahawks beat Broncos

If we get a Falcons-Seahawks game, that'll be a hell of a game.

NC107*

You have everything correct except Patriots will beat the Broncos and then the Pack will play the Pats in the SB.

Colts def. Ravens
Texans def. Bengals
Seahawks def. Redskins
Packers def. Vikings

Broncos def. Colts
Patriots def. Texans
Seahawks def. Falcons
Packers def. 49ers

Broncos def. Patriots
Packers def. Seahawks

Broncos def. Packers

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's actually to the point with Seattle where everyone and their grandmother is going to pick them against Atlanta (assuming they get past RG3 this week, and GB beats the Vikes as expected), which is bizarre. That might actually work in the Falcons' favor :laugh: The NFC's almost impossible to predict...if the Niners were playing Alex Smith I'd give the Packers no shot against the Niners after the way they got beat down in Week 1 but Kapernick's capable of imploding against a healthier Packers D.

The AFC it would be a shock if it were anyone other than Broncos-Patriots for the AFC Championship at this point, though I'll say this - I don't think the Broncos are a great enough team that they can win 14 in a row, Peyton or no Peyton. Law of averages says they're getting picked off, probably against the Pats.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Vikings are hot. Packers are not guaranteed.

They're in Lambeau this week, with Christian Ponder throwing the ball and no real weapons on offense other than AP. Even as bionic as he is I can't see him going for 200+ two weeks in a row on the same D.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
IMO alot of Broncos success was result of horrid division

I think they go 1 and done honestly

I honestly can't see anyone but the Patriots beat them. They have already beaten the Bengals and Ravens this year and lost to a now struggling Texans team early in the season.

Don't see the Colts beating them.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I would never trust Flacco on the road, especially a place like Denver. For the Ravens to win it would need to be a 200 yard game from Rice

Darius Dangleaitis

Padowan Kovalchuk
Jul 31, 2006
Morristown, NJ
IMO alot of Broncos success was result of horrid division

I think they go 1 and done honestly

Despite the fact that they already killed the Ravens in Baltimore and beat Cinci in Cinci?

They swept their own division and the AFC North. Beat Tampa when Tampa had won five of six, killed NO when the Saints were making their midseason push, etc.

It's ridiculous to say that they're only successful because of their division. They did what they had to do and swept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad