2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Tedenby had like 7 points last year. They weren't productive at all last year unless you mean 10/11. I'm assuming you do cause I don't even remember if they played at all last season. Josefson went down 5 games in, and by the time he came back, Tedenby was sent Albany right around the same time.

Your lines aren't bad, but you have two Zubrus's!;)

Sorry one of them is meant to be butler.

I meant last season. It was only a handful of games and I remember Teddy making a great play with the boards to get Clarkson a goal.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sorry one of them is meant to be butler.

I meant last season. It was only a handful of games and I remember Teddy making a great play with the boards to get Clarkson a goal.

Yeah I think that was the game against Nashville. Josefson might have been centering them. I can't remember if that was the game before, or after Josefson got injured. It was one or the other though.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Yeah I think that was the game against Nashville. Josefson might have been centering them. I can't remember if that was the game before, or after Josefson got injured. It was one or the other though.

Henrique was centering them at that point, I'm pretty sure. Tedenby set up two game-tying goals in a row on that line. Yes Tedenby had practically no points last season, but the two times he looked passable were on that line and when Josefson was centering him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sorry I just don't like the guy. We all have a player we don't like. Most of us hate the goons, Jim don't like Kovy. For me that player is Tedenby. I didn't like Bergfors either, and he reminds me of him. Another player I couldn't stand from years ago that everyone had high hopes for, Barry Tallackson.

Not comparing Tedenby to Tallackson. He isn't that bad!:laugh:

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Who on the team is going to be the #3 shooter in the SO? Teddy until Adam comes back?

DevilChuk*

I still can't get over yesterday's signing!! Really eases my mind over the direction this team is heading in the near future.

Zajac, Henrique and Josefson.. We went from having no true centers healthy at the start of last year to having a pretty damn good core of centers set for the next 5-6 years.

Our defense looks great, especially the youths in Albany ready to break through in the next two or so years. We really just need one more goal scoring winger and we'll be set.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Sorry I just don't like the guy. We all have a player we don't like. Most of us hate the goons, Jim don't like Kovy. For me that player is Tedenby. I didn't like Bergfors either, and he reminds me of him. Another player I couldn't stand from years ago that everyone had high hopes for, Barry Tallackson.

Not comparing Tedenby to Tallackson. He isn't that bad!:laugh:

Thats fair, i think peoples main argument on the board with Tedenby has been the lack of talent he has got to play with over those games. Half the time he was playing with Boulton, Janssens, and Rupps of the NHL and its hard for a young player to get anything going with those guys.

Hey for what its worth in that scrimmage that is posted in the beginning he made a very nice pass to Clarkson that turned into a goal.

I am hopefully that we will see an different Tedenby if he is given then chance to play with REAL talented hockey players.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thats fair, i think peoples main argument on the board with Tedenby has been the lack of talent he has got to play with over those games. Half the time he was playing with Boulton, Janssens, and Rupps of the NHL and its hard for a young player to get anything going with those guys.

Hey for what its worth in that scrimmage that is posted in the beginning he made a very nice pass to Clarkson that turned into a goal.

I am hopefully that we will see an different Tedenby if he is given then chance to play with REAL talented hockey players.

Yepp he will be playing with the big boys on a real line. Like him or hate him this has to be Tedy's make or break moment. I hope he can step up, but I am not holding my breath.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Watching the game, no longer is there a useless guy on the goal line where Parise was on the PP. They actually have a guy in front of the net now, which is great. The second PP unit has Butler, Bernier, Greene and Kovalchuk, I can't figure out the other guy yet, but if I had to guess it's Zubrus.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Really wish they take Kovy off the point and put him in the high circle area like Stamkos.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He always plays the half boards? It's not like he's on the blue line, when he's out there he's mid-to-high circle?

He only sneaks in when Elias has it on the half boards on the other side of the ice. I rather we try more of a umbrella or a 1 - 3 -1 setup.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He only sneaks in when Elias has it on the half boards on the other side of the ice. I rather we try more of a umbrella or a 1 - 3 -1 setup.

When he goes to shoot it, he's always at least beneath the top circle. The only time he isn't is when he needs to get possession or to start a play....

We've been using an umbrella and a 1-3-1....

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
When he goes to shoot it, he's always at least beneath the top circle. The only time he isn't is when he needs to get possession or to start a play....

We've been using an umbrella and a 1-3-1....

Not the games I watched last year. We were pretty much doing an overload setup.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

People say this, but I don't think he was playing with the goons for most of that time last year. That was later in his time before he got sent to Albany. Deboer seemed like he had enough, and was benching him late in games, and then started to play him with the goons. There was at least one game where he was put on the 4th line, and Boulton was put on the 3rd. I mean to start the game too, not later to swtich the lines up.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
After Clarkson's career, 30 goal year, about what are you guys expecting of him this season? Some of those goals seemed a little improbable or downright bizzare, if I remember, but he was still always involved with the play and had chances.

Similarly, how has Zajac looked in camp? Is he likely back to his 60 point and pain in the ass solid defensive zone play?

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Tedenby doesn't get the playing time because he plays like crap on the defensive end. If he just put the damn work in he could easily get 1st or 2nd line minutes. He is probably our 3rd or 4th most skilled player on the team.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
After Clarkson's career, 30 goal year, about what are you guys expecting of him this season? Some of those goals seemed a little improbable or downright bizzare, if I remember, but he was still always involved with the play and had chances.

Similarly, how has Zajac looked in camp? Is he likely back to his 60 point and pain in the ass solid defensive zone play?

I say Clarkson gets 14-15 goals. If you actually look at his stats 30 wasn't that crazy of a jump. The guy had 17g in his 2nd season with us with only 4 PP goals. He had 8 PP goals last year and had a 13.2 S% compared to his career average 9.6%.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
People say this, but I don't think he was playing with the goons for most of that time last year. That was later in his time before he got sent to Albany. Deboer seemed like he had enough, and was benching him late in games, and then started to play him with the goons. There was at least one game where he was put on the 4th line, and Boulton was put on the 3rd. I mean to start the game too, not later to swtich the lines up.

Tedenby was being demoted to the fourth line in games as early as November. Palmieri got moved down when Henrique started to stick (after Josefson was injured) and Tedenby was a goner after that. He got a few opportunities as the season went on, but nothing like the first month and a half.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I say Clarkson gets 14-15 goals. If you actually look at his stats 30 wasn't that crazy of a jump. The guy had 17g in his 2nd season with us with only 4 PP goals. He had 8 PP goals last year and had a 13.2 S% compared to his career average 9.6%.

Do you mean 15 in a 48 game season, or 15 projected over 82 games?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Tedenby doesn't get the playing time because he plays like crap on the defensive end. If he just put the damn work in he could easily get 1st or 2nd line minutes. He is probably our 3rd or 4th most skilled player on the team.

Pretty sure this has a lot to do with him playing mostly a defensive role at even strength in Albany this year. Kowalsky always had him on the top PP unit so it's not like he had fallen off the map offensively, but from the 5-6 games I watched, Tedenby was playing 3rd line minutes getting mostly defensive zone starts.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK

20-25

Why wouldn`t he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad