2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I was very annoyed... the team was in the middle of a ridiculous run... and after almost every game there was Arnott talking about the possibility of getting traded while the team is 6 pts out of the playoffs with a realistic shot at achieving something insane.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don't want to come off as a pessimist but if we don't make a move for a forward we're going to struggle to score goals this year. I know this team has a long history of proving people wrong, but with the losses of Ponikarovsky, Sykora, and Parise, I just don't see the depth we had last year at all.

I'm sure Lou has something up his sleeve though.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I don't want to come off as a pessimist but if we don't make a move for a forward we're going to struggle to score goals this year. I know this team has a long history of proving people wrong, but with the losses of Ponikarovsky, Sykora, and Parise, I just don't see the depth we had last year at all.

I'm sure Lou has something up his sleeve though.

Well I think the hope is that Butler can replace Sykora's production.
It's not realistic to go sign or trade for a player that can replace Parise. There just isn't anyone out there. Henrique has to step up big time. Josefson has to make the next step this season and this is make or break for Tedenby.

Zubrus will probably be the third line left winger to replace Poni's spot... It's not as bad as it looks once everyone is healthy... but Parise leaves a big hole. It's possible Lou has something up his sleeve by trading a defenseman but who knows.

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
I think he'd be a good pickup for veteran forward depth. With Henrique out, we're counting on Josefson for our 3C, which is fine, but the kid is injury prone. What do we do when he breaks his femur 3 games in?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think he'd be a good pickup for veteran forward depth. With Henrique out, we're counting on Josefson for our 3C, which is fine, but the kid is injury prone. What do we do when he breaks his femur 3 games in?

I don't want to assume Jo will get injured... but if you sign someone like Arnott, you are taking away Jo's spot without giving him a chance.

Jo will be surrounded probably with Zubrus and Clarkson which will be good for him. Sounds like the second line will be Elias-Henrique-Tedenby/Trade and the first line will be Kovalchuk-Zajac-Butler.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think the team plans on replacing Poni/Parise/Sykora's goals by the following:

(Over a full year... not the 48 game season)

Kovy up to 40
Full year of Zajac- 20+ Goals
Butler 15+
Tedenby 15+
Josefson 10+
Carter/Gio/Bernier 5-10 each

Then you never know... there are some attractive free agents coming up this summer. If the team's finances are really straightened out, Lou could make a run at someone.

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
I think we're going to need scoring from every line.. Which is why I'd be 100% for bringing in someone like Arnott.
Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Tedenby-Josefson-Butler
Darche-Arnott-Pesonen

is a lineup that I think could compete.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Moose's pads for the season.....from the TG camera phone

BAlPPgqCEAM4BFB.jpg:large

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
I think the team plans on replacing Poni/Parise/Sykora's goals by the following:

Kovy up to 40
Butler 15+
Tedenby 15+
Josefson 10+

Then you never know... there are some attractive free agents coming up this summer. If the team's finances are really straightened out, Lou could make a run at someone.

That's what you're banking on? We are ****ed.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Kovy up to 40
Butler 15+
Tedenby 15+
Josefson 10+

No way Kovy's scoring 40 goals in 48 games.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
That's what you're banking on? We are ****ed.

... and you're banking on getting rid of the three guys that make up one of the best fourth lines in hockey... one of the reasons the Devils made it to the finals... and replacing them with an old guy who didn't even get a tryout from any team, another old guy who wasn't offered a contract and had to take a tryout... and someone who's never seen an NHL game.

You tell me who's crazy.

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
... and you're banking on getting rid of the three guys that make up one of the best fourth lines in hockey... one of the reasons the Devils made it to the finals... and replacing them with an old guy who didn't even get a tryout from any team, another old guy who wasn't offered a contract and had to take a tryout... and someone who's never seen an NHL game.

You tell me who's crazy.

Fact: Arnott scored 17 goals last season in 72 games.
Fact: Carter scored 4 goals last season in 65 games.
Fact: Darche scored 5 goals last season in 61 games on one of the worst teams in the NHL.
Fact: Bernier scored 1 goal last year in 32 games.
Fact: Tedenby scored 1 goal last year in 43 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad