2013 Montreal Alouettes Season Thread

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not sure if there was one created, didn't see it, if so,please merge. Just want to hear our Alouettes experts talk about the new acquisitions? Does that mean that Britten is out with the Bruce acquisition? What about Parker, who does he end up replacing? Funny post by Didier Orméjuste on Twitter saying that the only thing left to know was if those guys will stil be Alouettes at training camp...why not?

And then, what about the coaching position? Anybody surprised to see Chris Jones signing an extension to stay as assistant in Toronto? Big loss for the Als as far as I'm concerned.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I'm rooting for Jacques Chapdelaine for the head coach position since Glen Constantin is not available.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Personally love the Byron Parker signing. Same goes with Arland Bruce. Always hated him cause he was clutch and made great catches every time we played him. Hopefully now it's a different story.

This also could mean that Brian Bratton, Dwight Anderson & Adrian McPheerson are out. They are all free-agents and the three players we signed these weeks are exactly down the same positions

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
I doubt McPherson was coming back anyway.

With Richardson, Green, London, and Bruce, I don't see Bratton fitting in anywhere.

I suppose Anderson could be the odd man out, but I thought he was pretty good last year.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
I'd definately try to keep Bratton and Anderson. Bratton is a great depth guy to have and he knows the system.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Keeping Anderson would be a mistake IMO. Trestman was the best coach in the league and he couldn't even always keep him in check, putting some rookie coach with him is just asking for problems. Not to mention he isn't getting any younger and as soon as you start to lose speed at a position like corner it gets exponentially more difficult. Better to get rid of someone a year early than a year late.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Keeping Anderson would be a mistake IMO. Trestman was the best coach in the league and he couldn't even always keep him in check, putting some rookie coach with him is just asking for problems. Not to mention he isn't getting any younger and as soon as you start to lose speed at a position like corner it gets exponentially more difficult. Better to get rid of someone a year early than a year late.
Can't really use that as an argument if Parker is the one that ends up replacing Anderson..they're the same age.

But I can agree with the 1st part of your post. I guess it depends on who coaches here next season.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
After adding Cortez and now Simon the Green and White are going to start putting a hurt on opposing defenses. :yo:

Habtchum*

Marcus Brady seems to be a candidate too. He knows the offensive system of Calvillo and the Als.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
220px-Dan_Hawkins-Colorado.jpg

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Not sure if anyone's watching, but it looks like there's a big defensive overhaul going on here.

Rod Davis is gone, Jerald Brown is gone, Dwight Anderson is probably gone. Moton Hopkins is back.

D line and LB core staying together, but the secondary will look very different with only Parker, Hebert, and Seth Williams coming back from last season, along with new Parker (Byron) coming in (plus, like, Osaisai and them).

EDIT: Might have jumped the gun a wee bit on Brown - likely released to get his contract restructured. Good news as otherwise, we'd have no DBs lol

Last edited:

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I was not optimistic about the team's chances this season to do well, but I love the three big signings in the offseason. I still debate how well we will do, but I'm hopeful again.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
How come they could not find (or did not try to find) a Canadian born head coach or an American coach with CFL experience ?
Because a certain Marc Trestman had no prior CFL experience before coming over and worked out pretty well.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I'm looking at season tickets but I don't really want to ruin myself.

300$ for a season ticket in the brown section. Anyone here have watch game from those sections? Also they say we'll have 10 home game? I guess the season ticket doesn't include the off season games & playoff?

Thank you

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
He played for the Champlain-Lennoxville Cougars. And I just learned my other friend commited to UofMontreal (originally commited to UofLaval but couldn't go because of grades)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad