2013 Mock Draft

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Columbus took Dansk 31st last year and also got Korpisalo. Add that to Anton Forsberg who is having a very good year and York, Mason, and Bobrovsky. If a good goalie is there in the 2nd, sure take him. But I wouldnt mind if they didn't.

As for the 1st, if CBJ can land MacKinnon and someone like Erne, their last 1st round pick should definitely be BPA.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
i based my picks on last years standings and here they be....according to DraftPickLottery.com.....

1. Columbus........MacKinnon
2. Toronto..........Jones
3. Philly..............Barkov
4. Montreal.........Monahan
5. Pittsburgh.......Drouin
6. Anaheim.........Lindholm
7. Colorado........Ristolainen
8. Phoenix.........Shinkaruk
9. Winnipeg.......Pulock
10. Minny..........Lazar
11. Ottawa........Burakowsky
12. Dallas..........Nurse
13. Columbus.....Morrissey
14. Edmonton....Gauthier
15. Columbus.....Erne
16. Tampa Bay...Zadorov
17. Boston........Nichushkin
18. San Jose.....Mantha
19. Islanders.....Domi
20. Calgary.......Rychel
21. Jersey........Fucale
22. Nashville.....Haag
23. Chicago......Compher
24. Detroit.......Duclair
25. Carolina......Horvat
26. Buffalo.......de la Rose
27. Capitals......Lehkonen
28. St. Louis.....Buchnevich
29. Florida........Fasching
30. Vancouver...Santini

feel free to bash! :razz:

I would be extremely surprised to see Nichuskin go any farther than let's say 12th.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
^you're probably right, as well i probably should switch Nichushkin and Burakovsky. also, even though Gauthier is the huge, talented center my Oilers have long searched for, it's possible they might not pass on a potential power forward in Erne. i have also been a big supporter of Columbus perhaps taking 3 forwards with their 3 -1st round picks, but if a d-man as good as Morrissey falls into your lap, IMO, you gotta take him! you can never have too much defensive talent.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Columbus took Dansk 31st last year and also got Korpisalo. Add that to Anton Forsberg who is having a very good year and York, Mason, and Bobrovsky. If a good goalie is there in the 2nd, sure take him. But I wouldnt mind if they didn't.

As for the 1st, if CBJ can land MacKinnon and someone like Erne, their last 1st round pick should definitely be BPA.

^sure, they signed Bobrovsky, and that was a good move as well as the farm depth and drafting Dansk. however, Dansk was rated the 3rd best goalie prospect that draft year and still has great potential, but similar to defensive depth, you can never have enough goaltending depth, and if Fucale fell to the bottom of the 1st round, and the Jackets were using another pick and he was there....or there in the top of the 2nd round and it's the Jackets turn, why not take the best goalie prospect?

this idea seems lost on my team, the Oilers, who keep passing on taking a goalie in the 1st or 2nd round, and it may end up biting them in the arse one day. why not see who turns out to be the best out of Fucale, Dansk, Korpisalo, York, and Forsberg for your future, then if you have another who can play, you have a trade asset to fill another need, so it's a win/win.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
^you're probably right, as well i probably should switch Nichushkin and Burakovsky. also, even though Gauthier is the huge, talented center my Oilers have long searched for, it's possible they might not pass on a potential power forward in Erne. i have also been a big supporter of Columbus perhaps taking 3 forwards with their 3 -1st round picks, but if a d-man as good as Morrissey falls into your lap, IMO, you gotta take him! you can never have too much defensive talent.

Absolutely switch those two. I'm sure some GM's have Nichushkin in their top 10 and that would not surprise me the slightest. He has a great skill level with a big body.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
^as we saw when he skated around Ryan Murphy and scored the bronze winning goal against Canada :(

The "russian factor" might sway some GM's away from Nichushkin though which could force him to drop, but he's definitely a top 10 talent.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
well, all you need is a verbal commitment from him to come over and play during the interviewing process the teams all go through before the draft and that should help calm the fears teams have of the "Russian Factor" even being a factor.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
well, all you need is a verbal commitment from him to come over and play during the interviewing process the teams all go through before the draft and that should help calm the fears teams have of the "Russian Factor" even being a factor.

But dosn't he have a 3 year contract with the KHL? Can he come over here before that deal is over, even if he wanted to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad