2013 Mock Draft - Shrimper

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I've never done one of these before so please bare with me. This is my first attempt.

1. Colorado Avalanche - Seth Jones (D)

2. Florida Panthers - Nathan MacKinnon (C)

3. Tampa Bay Lightning - . Jonathan Drouin (LW)

4. Nashville Predators - Sean Monahan (C)

5. Carolina Hurricanes - Alexander Barkov (C)

6. Calgary Flames - Darnell Nurse (D)

7. Edmonton Oilers - Elias Lindholm (C)

8. Buffalo Sabres - Hunter Shinkaruk (LW/C)

9. New Jersey Devils - Valerie Nichushkin (LW)

10. Dallas Stars - Anthony Mantha (RW)

11. Philadelphia Flyers - Rasmus Ristolainen (D)

12. Phoenix Coyotes - Bo Horvat (C)

13. Winnipeg Jets - Curtis Lazar (LW/C)

14. Columbus Blue Jackets - Alexander Wennberg (C)

15. New York Islanders - Ryan Pulock (D)

16. Buffalo Sabres (via Minnesota Wild) - Frederik Gauthier (LW/RW)

17. Detroit Red Wings - Nikita Zadorov (D)

18. Ottawa Senators - . Valentin Zykov (LW)

19. Columbus Blue Jackets (via N.Y. Rangers) - Joshua Morrissey (D)

20. San Jose Sharks - Shea Theodore (D)

21. Toronto Maple Leafs - Max Domi (C)

22. Washington Capitals - Morgan Klimchuk (LW)

23. Columbus Blue Jackets (via L.A. Kings) - Nicolas Petan (C)

24. Vancouver Canucks - Kerby Rychel (LW)

25. Calgary Flames (via St. Louis Blues) - Zach Fucale (G)

26. Dallas Stars (via Boston Bruins) - Ryan Hartman (RW)

27. Montreal Canadiens - Adam Erne (LW)

28. Anaheim Ducks - Samuel Morin (D)

29. Calgary Flames (via Pittsburgh Penguins) - William Carrier (LW)

30. Chicago Blackhawks - .Madison Bowey (D)

Also I'm guessing that Sven Andrighetto will go around the 4th/5th round and be one of the steals of the draft.

Opinions welcome. Will update when the play-offs are completed.

Aela*

Monahan at 4th is a no go.

Morissey to CBJ is def a no, NO MORE DEFENCE :(

Gauthier is a C.

and if Domi goes at 21 to the Leafs at this point, I will eat my hat. My beautiful London Knights hat. I'll also be ecstatic because he deserves to be a top 15 pick max.

also some bold picks at the end of the draft there, petan, carrier, klimchuk, erne, morin.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Monahan at 4th is a no go.

Morissey to CBJ is def a no, NO MORE DEFENCE :(

Gauthier is a C.

and if Domi goes at 21 to the Leafs at this point, I will eat my hat. My beautiful London Knights hat. I'll also be ecstatic because he deserves to be a top 15 pick max.

also some bold picks at the end of the draft there, petan, carrier, klimchuk, erne, morin.

NHL Draft website has Gauthier down as a LW/RW. Must be an error on there part.

I was thinking that Barkov would go 4th and I think it'll be 50/50 between the two. I think Domi will go around 21 because of a good tournament by some players causing some teams to potentially change their focus and other teams losing their most wanted players before their spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Domi go in the top 15 though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This ****ing sucks for Dallas.

Wennberg at 10 and Bowey at 28.

We have absolutely no need for anymore wingers outside of an elite one (which Mantha is not), and yet you give us two. What we need are centers and RHD, and also to simply go with the BPA. Don't feel like BPA or positional needs were addressed with either of our picks.

Apr 6, 2011
This ****ing sucks for Dallas.

Wennberg at 10 and Bowey at 28.

We have absolutely no need for anymore wingers outside of an elite one (which Mantha is not), and yet you give us two. What we need are centers and RHD, and also to simply go with the BPA. Don't feel like BPA or positional needs were addressed with either of our picks.

You almost made sense with that last sentence.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Solid job for a first mock. As a Habs fan, I like Erne but I do not think we will still be up for grabs at our spot.

Here's a few other picks I disagree.

Monahan to Preds: I dont see him as a top 5 picks, Preds will go with a center and with Barkov most likely still available, I dont see them skipping on him.

Nurse To Flames: Not a bad pick at all, Flames do need some quality offensive dmen. . They also need a possible 1st C more than anything in my opinion. They seem to go for players with high hockey IQs more than pure talent. Lindholm would be my choice, Monahan as a back up if the other is gone.

Mantha To Stars: Again the pick make sense but Mantha's commitment has been is no. 1 enemy and his stock have dropped big time so the Stars will most likely go with a foward, Shinkaruk is available, maybe Wennberg or Horvat.

Domi to the Leafs: His size will make him drop but not all the way down to 21.

Morin to the Ducks: I wouldnt blame the Ducks for drafting him with his but the Ducks have a bunch of young defensemen on their way, they will probably go with a foward.

Other than that I mostly agree with the rest.

Good job

ZeroPT*

Shinkaruk to buffalo won't happen, we have enough small wingers.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Thanks for the responses. Will go through them all in depth.

Does anyone know what the draft standings are for those teams that have been elminated?

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
The Sabres might pick Shinkaruk at 16 even though they have more small forwards than they really want. But at #8? Regier would be tarred and feathered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad