Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings: Version VI - Just trade O'Reilly Already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Horrible for us

Not sure about that, it frees up a lot of cap space. And makes our lineup bigger.

Lupul/JVR-Bozak-Kessel
JVR/Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-Dubinsky-Kulemin
McClaren-McClement-Orr/Brown

Trade Mac for a pick or something at the deadline. Looks like a solid lineup. That 3rd line would be a terror on the forecheck.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Detroit gave up a 1st for Quincey...clearly they are screwed in the head.

Liles for 1st would be gettable from Detroit.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Not sure about that, it frees up a lot of cap space. And makes our lineup bigger.

Lupul/JVR-Bozak-Kessel
JVR/Lupul-Kadri-Frattin
Komarov-Dubinsky-Kulemin
McClaren-McClement-Orr/Brown

Trade Mac for a pick or something at the deadline. Looks like a solid lineup. That 3rd line would be a terror on the forecheck.

And cap space will be a big deal when looking at the salary cap next year. Honestly if Liles & Grabo got shipped out for even semi decent returns, and Komisarek was the compliance buyout, that leaves the Leafs with a lot of room to make a splash this off season, while upgrading Kadri, Fransons, Komarov's, etc's contracts.

Dubinskey would be put back into his perfect role of 3rd line C, and Kadri would graduate up to the second line.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
And cap space will be a big deal when looking at the salary cap next year. Honestly if Liles & Grabo got shipped out for even semi decent returns, and Komisarek was the compliance buyout, that leaves the Leafs with a lot of room to make a splash this off season, while upgrading Kadri, Fransons, Komarov's, etc's contracts.

Dubinskey would be put back into his perfect role of 3rd line C, and Kadri would graduate up to the second line.

Exactly. And if by some miracle we get Getzlaf after re-signing Bozak, move Bozak to the 3rd Line C, Dubi to wing then Komarov to the 4th line. That's one *****in lineup.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Fire Liles over there for him. Think he plays centre. So maybe something in a bigger package that includes grabovski. Kadri has overshadowed him on the 2nd line, and he's just not a checking line player.

I would think Columbus adds to Dubi for Grabovski...I wouldn't hate a deal like Dubi + 2nd for him, but even then, we're not saving a whole lot on the cap, the biggest difference is contract length where Grabo has 2 more years on his deal than Dubinsky..

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada
I'm don't understand the constant need to trade up wingers. when Lupul // Frat are back we will have an abundance. I think if we do anything we need to go for prospects (FOR THE FUTURE!!) or a #1C (NOT ROR).

But to be honest at the moment i can't say for sure which of our centers i don't like.

Kadri is playing AMAZING and i wouldn't move him for less then.... idk i can't even set a price that would make sense atm. Also i see a line of JVR - Kadri - Frattin being really deadly.

Bozak is keeping Kessel/JVR in place atm and i would guess we will see the Lupul - Bozak - Kessel line back when Lupul returns. Also if we get a real #1 center Bozak is perfect for a 3rd line C.

Grabo is playing well again but this might be just the time to move him. If we use Grabo/Liles as our main trading chips.. (possibly ClarkA) we should be able to get something done in the center, Keep in mind though the cap between these 2 is a big chunk so being able to move both of them to the same place will be difficult without a big chunk coming back.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/stl130226.html

St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong has been traveling throughout the Eastern Conference this month, though it's unclear if a trade is imminent.

Armstrong has been frequently spotted at Toronto Maple Leafs and Philadelphia Flyers games, having attended their game against last night in Philly.

The Blues currently sit fifth in the Western Conference with a 10-6-2 record and 22 points.

The team has lost veteran right wing Jamie Langenbrunner for the season, while rookie star Vladimir Tarasenko has been placed on the IR due to a concussion.

Armstrong could be in the market for some depth up front, but it's unclear what they're willing to part it.

It's believed the Blues aren't interest in picking up a hefty contract, which is something a lot of teams are looking to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad