Prospect Info: 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #3

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Fucale over Collberg too. I don't see 1st line upside for Collberg whereas I believe Fucale will be a #1/franchise goalie.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
Is there some incredible hidden results for Collberg that I don't know of? Because I really don't see the big fuss about the kid.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Is there some incredible hidden results for Collberg that I don't know of? Because I really don't see the big fuss about the kid.

This translates to: I have never watched im play and have only looked at his stats.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

#1 offensive go-to guy on Swedish team at last WJC playing on top line with Forsberg and Lindholm... Trigger man for their #1 PP... Yet still qualifies another year for WJC team.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Jacob De La Rose, I'm liking his speed and size along with his defensive acumen. Galchenyuk Eller DLR down the middle will be godly

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think it's a good thing that I love about 25 of our teams prospects and think they all have a legit chance to become something or at least make waves in the AHL.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

For these rankings personally I try to balance upside and safety. Collberg for all his ups and downs is still on a pretty regular development path and has 30 goal upside, while his total game needs work there's more I like with it then dislike.

Fucale has franchise goalie potential without a doubt but I'm not ready to anoint him a slam dunk for looking good on an elite team that controlled the puck most of the time. Fucale has impressed at every level but I'm curious to see how he copes with more shots once the Mooseheads are less good.

Plus goalies in general are harder to project, which is why Fucale fell as far as he did. He's certainly a great prospect but you look at the NHL right now the best goalies mostly came out of nowhere, while the ones with the highest draft pedigree - Price, Bernier, Fleury for instance, had mixed careers.

Collberg has plenty of bust potential himself but I'm a little more secure with his progress, so far. I still don't get how he wasn't a first round pick. Come back to me in a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad