Prospect Info: 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #16

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's time for round 15!

Don't forget to suggest a player to add to the poll:

1. Nathan Beaulieu, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (75.77% of the vote).
2. Jarred Tinordi, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (55.33% of the vote).
3. Jacob De La Rose, C/LW/RW Leksands. (47.13% of the vote).
4. Nikita Scherbak, Right Wing, Saskatoon Blades. (65.75% of the vote).
5. Sven Andrighetto, Right Wing, Hamilton Bulldogs. (28.87% of the vote).
6. Zachary Fucale, Goaltender, Halifax Mooseheads. (32.76% of the vote).
7. Mike McCarron, Right Wing, London Knights. (23.08% of the vote).
8. Arturri Lehkonen, Left Wing, Frolunda. (29.41% of the vote).
9. Magnus Nygren, Defenseman, Farjestads BK. (38.10% of the vote).
10. Jiri Sekac, Right Wing, Prague Lev. (63.87% of the vote).
11. Dustin Tokarski, Goaltender, Hamilton Bulldogs. (36.48% of the vote).
12. Greg Pateryn, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (46.15% of the vote).
13. Charles Hudon, Left Wing/Center, Baie-Comeau Drakkar. (45.21% of the vote).
14. Martin Reway, Left Wing, HC Sparta Praha. (40.91% of the vote).
15. Mac Bennett, Defenseman, Michigan. (24.64% of the vote).

I've added Stefan Fournier, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs to the poll.

Joonas Nattinen, C, MODO Hockey.
Colin Sullivan, D, Green Bay Gamblers.
Maxim Trunev, RW, Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk.
Mike Cichy, C, Western Michigan.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Went with Thrower, have a good feeling about him for whatever reason. Could have went with Crisp, Bozon or Gregoire either.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Went with Gregoire.

Add Sullivan

I can't help to mention again that our depth is awesome. I'm like a kid at a candy store looking at our list of remaining prospects.

five of Thrower, Thomas, Didier, Bozon, Gregoire, Audette, Dietz, Lernout, Crisp, Koberstein will not even make our top 20 ! Jesus !

For example, Tampa Bay is at #11 and the likely candidate to win is Dominik Masin and Cedric Paquette(7c). Toronto is at #11 and their likely candidate is McKegg(7C) and Tom Nilsson (6.5D).

Can't comment on the rest since they're either not doing it or freaking slowpokes.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Went with Gregoire.

Add Sullivan

I can't help to mention again that our depth is awesome. I'm like a kid at a candy store looking at our list of remaining prospects.

five of Thrower, Thomas, Didier, Bozon, Gregoire, Audette, Dietz, Lernout, Crisp, Koberstein will not even make our top 20 ! Jesus !

I thought Sullivan wasn't in our pipeline anymore.

Gregoire, add Nattinen.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
None of these players will matter anyway, so might as well add the one with the best hockey name a la Jee.

Eh last year Andrighetto and Pateryn were 16/17 in the rankings and now both look to be NHLers.

Edit:
Also in 2012 both Pateryn and Nygren were ranked past rank 20.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Eh last year Andrighetto and Pateryn were 16/17 in the rankings and now both look to be NHLers.

Edit:
Also in 2012 both Pateryn and Nygren were ranked past rank 20.

I meant the last added one (Sullivan, Nattinen, Cichy, Trunev). I just praised our depth:laugh:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
You've got to be kidding that Bennett went ahead of Thomas and Gregoire :shakehead

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
You've got to be kidding that Bennett went ahead of Thomas and Gregoire :shakehead

Bennett has NHL potential, Thomas does not. Thomas is a much lesser version of Aaron Palushaj. Gregoire is still a long shot with quite a few years until we know his long term potential.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Bennett has NHL potential, Thomas does not. Thomas is a much lesser version of Aaron Palushaj. Gregoire is still a long shot with quite a few years until we know his long term potential.

How does Thomas not have NHL potential? His shot alone would have a lot of teams considering him for a 2nd wave PP spot. He's very skilled, has decent physical abilities and he's had one bad year on a VERY bad Bulldogs team, he's not a bust.

Gregoire has had an absolutely outstanding year. He's got good size, good two-way skill, and excellent hockey IQ. He absolutely looks like an NHL player at this point and is showing real signs of top-6 potential. His skating was his primary drawback in his draft year and it's now above average. He's as much of a long shot as Bennett.

Other than mobility, Bennett has no outstanding skills or abilities. He doesn't have the size you want to play a shutdown role in the NHL and he doesn't have the offensive potential to play on the PP. He's likely a #6/#7 and gets hyped because people don't have a chance to watch him as much IMO. He's a fine prospect but I absolutely would NOT rank him above two players who I think have a better chance at making the NHL and playing in a more significant role.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
our top 14 is really solid, and thats with Thomas under performing this season in the AHL.. i think alot of us expected more out of him last season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad