2013 Frozen Four:

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Here it is folks, the matchups are now set. FYI, Quinnipiac and UMass-Lowell are the "home" teams since they are the higher seeds. Quinnipiac is the "home" team throughout the Frozen Four since they are the overall #1 seed in the tournament.

Both semi-final games will be carried live on ESPN2 on Thursday, Apr. 11. The winners will play for the national championship on Saturday, Apr. 13 and the game will be carried live on ESPN. All times are EST.

Two notes here: None of this year's participants have won a national championship and only Yale has previously played in the Frozen Four.

Semi-final #1: Yale vs. UMass-Lowell @ 4:30pm

Semi-final #2: St. Cloud State vs. Quinnipiac @ 8:00pm

National Championship game: Semi-final #1 winner vs. Semi-final #2 winner @ 7pm

So who do you think will win it all? Chime in!

Last edited:

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
UMass over Yale...by the slimmest of margins
St Cloud over Quinnipiac

UMass national champions!

Early departures and the like have played havoc with the traditionally strong college programs, giving us a final 4 such as this.....but this is a good thing!

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Not the 4 teams I had expected or 99% of the college hockey world but I'm going with the WCHA team and future NCHC team the SCSU Huskies. They have everything in place to get it done.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
A bit dissapointed that my two teams didn't make it this far, but I'm always ok with a frozen four like this one! I believe whoever wins it will have the first national title in their school's history. Pretty exciting stuff. Yale v. UML is going to be a hell of game and I think Quinnipac is coming out of the other side.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I think it is dumb to wait 2 weeks to play this. Who gives a crap about the final four of basketball. It's not like it will take away from attendance or tv viewing. Hockey folks are going to watch hockey regardless of what else is on.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
have to be pulling for St.Cloud, purely on flow alone
bilde

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
this game is really interesting so far. 1-0 yale (PP). Yale's playing a very skillfull game and umass is all grind and pound - which has got them into a bit of penalty trouble.

edit: 2-0 yale, right after another umass penalty ended.

Clyde Donovan

Nov 29, 2009
Philly
That hip check in the first period by the UMass Lowell player right by the benches was awesome. The Yale player did a flip.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
still 2-2, going into OT. Yale really turned it up towards the end of the 3rd, but to no avail.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Great win for Yale.

Now hoping for a Quinnipiac win tonight so we can have a rivalry game for the national championship decider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad