2013 Flames Slogans

Aug 3, 2010
I can't believe it's not butter, because it still tastes like Butter. :help:

Aug 3, 2010
Atleast it looks like Jam. I know it sucks losing but at least its exciting.

That's actually the worst part, because the way this team plays with rejuvenated energy, knowing that they can score upwards of three goals a night and play catch-up without feeling like they're in a hole, that's great... but there's just not enough effort on the backcheck, on the pinch, not enough physicality.

The worst part is, I feel like Hartley has a decent system but Iginla isn't buying into it all that much. :(

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
That's actually the worst part, because the way this team plays with rejuvenated energy, knowing that they can score upwards of three goals a night and play catch-up without feeling like they're in a hole, that's great... but there's just not enough effort on the backcheck, on the pinch, not enough physicality.

The worst part is, I feel like Hartley has a decent system but Iginla isn't buying into it all that much. :(

Well ****, Iginla hasn't bought into anyone's system since probably Keenan or Playfair. If that's the case, we can't just keep recycling coaches, at some point he has to shoulder the blame.

Aug 3, 2010
Well ****, Iginla hasn't bought into anyone's system since probably Keenan or Playfair. If that's the case, we can't just keep recycling coaches, at some point he has to shoulder the blame.

I miss when Iginla was a power forward. Now he's a perimeter player that doesn't know how to play the perimeter that well because his bread and butter for 10 years was to force his way through to the middle.

I understand that kind of play can really wear on a guy, but the new NHL is actually BETTER for a gritty PWF who DOESN'T get hacked to pieces any more due to stricter hooking rules and the like.

I'm not saying his skill level isn't deteriorating, because it is on the decline, but I think it would be incredible if he would play in the style he is/was known for, even just 5-6 seasons ago. That's the kind of play he made his name on. That's the kind of play that got him involved and contributing.

It's a real shame.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I have no idea what you are talking about the first game and a half Iginla didn't backcheck since Hartley had a 1-1 talk with him he has been fine, he isn't afraid to shot but you can see Hartley wants more passing to set up easy goals Iginla has absolutely bought into that. His defense isn't great but almost no 35 year old is good a defense this isn't the same Iggy he is slower and older I don't think you have realistic expectations.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

What he bought in under Sutter the first 2 years last year he didn't because the system was ****, Sutter wanted to win 1-0 with 10 shots on net that isn't a good system.

Aug 3, 2010
I have no idea what you are talking about the first game and a half Iginla didn't backcheck since Hartley had a 1-1 talk with him he has been fine, he isn't afraid to shot but you can see Hartley wants more passing to set up easy goals Iginla has absolutely bought into that. His defense isn't great but almost no 35 year old is good a defense this isn't the same Iggy he is slower and older I don't think you have realistic expectations.

How do you know Iginla and Hartley had a "1-1 talk"?

I feel like Iginla has gotten into the backcheck a little more since games 1 and 2 but his overall effort level on defence is somewhat less than mediocre, especially when what this team needs right now is a little more effort on that half of the ice.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
How do you know Iginla and Hartley had a "1-1 talk"?

I feel like Iginla has gotten into the backcheck a little more since games 1 and 2 but his overall effort level on defence is somewhat less than mediocre, especially when what this team needs right now is a little more effort on that half of the ice.

It was reported by Roger Millions after game 2 he sat down with Iggy and Jbo individually and both have responded.

Iginla and hartley with a heart to heart talk before practice...why do I think we will see plenty of those..this shortened season.

Now Hartley with a one on one Chat with Jay Bouwmeester...needs more from his vets ...a lot more.

The Hendog

Apr 20, 2012
Calgary
Serious question, do you do anything but troll Flames fans? Because it's apparent you are not a fan of the team.

I have been a fan from the beginning my friend
Family has has season tickets the whole time they have been in Calgary
I am just sick of there below average teams for so many years
And then the hype every off season that gets me excited only to let me down
It's just so painful
It hurts so much because I love

That last line has to be a quote from a romantic comedy or something
And if it isn't - it should be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad