2013 Ducks toughness thread (with updates)

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Thought i would start this instead of posting in the Rackell orgy/GDT
If you are anti fighting/enforcers no point in posting here.
I will post about the Duck players who fit this criteria either on a daily basis or every few games

The Ducks have started the season with 0 fights in 2 games and are 1 of 4 teams without a single fight this year.

Beleskey - Has thrown a few hits so far but nothing in the way of dropping the gloves

DSP - What a letdown he has been, he almost seems scared of confrontation and lacks any mean streak so far. His hits have been basic and nothing "bone crunching" he does not drive the crease with aggression

Perry - So far no agitating no goalie crashing no aggression
Very unlikely to drop the gloves this year until he gets a contract in fear of breaking a hand or something

Getzlaf - Same as above

Ryan - Soft lazy play so far nothing much else to add

Winnik - Pleasantly surprised nice hits and got involved in a couple of scrums doubt he drops the gloves much but so far its a Moen minus fighting skills

Staubitz - healthy scratched so far BB is being the standard anti fighting BB We'll see how he plays if he ever does

Allen - Slow but steady has thrown a few nice hits and decent around the crease so far not bad

Souray - Great offensively so far, i noticed 2 scrums so far hes gotten involved in but nothing close to dropping the gloves like Allen very slow but plays pretty smart

Overall so far i rank toughness an D-

BB has not played our "enforcer" despite the 4th line being nothing special, no fights so far, very little intensity

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
And have been playing bad teams and some of the most boring games ive ever seen.
Thanks for adding nothing to the topic and already trolling :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm pretty sure I did add something to the topic. Fighting does not mean winning. Boudreau has had little reason to play an enforcer, and his desire to roll four lines plays into this.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I'm pretty sure I did add something to the topic. Fighting does not mean winning. Boudreau has had little reason to play an enforcer, and his desire to roll four lines plays into this.

Yeah this thread has nothing to do with winning and the only the current state of the teams toughness

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Sbisa is really bad in this area this year. Where are the big hits? He used to make a couple open ice hits every 2-3 games. I'm not seeing it...

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Yes, we need more toughness. When Beleskly has to fight guys like Volpatti, someting has gone wrong.

Please, more enforcers.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I wish Parros, Staubitz were on the ice on that PK, their toughness would of scared the other teams PP into not scoring

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm happy with the amount of toughness on the blueline but think we need more size and aggression up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad