2013 Draft Thread

penguins2946*

As requested by Dangles78, we will have any talks of the 2013 draft here. Other will be solely for Pens prospects. And the 1st question will be who you would pick with the 1st overall pick. I picked Mac, versatility is a big thing in hockey. He could either be a winger for Sid or be a center when Sid or Geno is hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

penguins2946*

Top pick for 2013 Hunter Shinkaruk has been cut by Canada. Right before, Tom Wilson was also cut. And also, Dumba just got cut (good, he was awful). These are the lines for Canada:

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Hudon-Strome-Ritchie
Drouin-Jenner-Rattie
Camara-Danault-Lipon
MacKinnon

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellet
Reinhart-Wotherspoon
Murphy

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Isn't MacKinnon the consensus best player available? plus he can play wing which is a huge bonus.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
I'd be taking MacKinnon first no matter what the case. I really can't think of a team that wouldn't. I haven't seen Barkov play though.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Isn't MacKinnon the consensus best player available? plus he can play wing which is a huge bonus.

Mac was the consensus #1 coming into the season, but Jones and especially Barkov are having great seasons and could pass him up before the daft. Plus Druin is blowing up, and could conceivably push above 4th where ISS recently jumped him to.

It's really looking like a 2003 type year in which a handful of players could have gone 1st overall, and star talent was available right through the mid 2nd round when Patrice Bergeron and Shea Weber were selected.

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Top pick for 2013 Hunter Shinkaruk has been cut by Canada. Right before, Tom Wilson was also cut. And also, Dumba just got cut (good, he was awful). These are the lines for Canada:

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Hudon-Strome-Ritchie
Drouin-Jenner-Rattie
Camara-Danault-Lipon
MacKinnon

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellet
Reinhart-Wotherspoon
Murphy

What, Mark McNeill didn't make the cut? SOB

But I understand that decision. You don't need power forwards for the international ice.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
MacKinnon
Jones
Monahan
Barkov

Even if the Pens don't draft that high (which will likely be the case), they could still get a great player.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
MacKinnon without a shadow of a doubt. We have very few forward prospects that look like making or are expected to make it compared with our D.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Having MacKinnon play with Crosby would be pretty special

Just imagine if the season was cancelled, there was another draft lottery, and we won again. Safe to say HFboards would implode, as would the city of Toronto, etc.

Epic Neal Time

May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Assuming the Pens pick in the 15-30 range, I'd like for them to take a look at Morgan Klimchuk of the Regina Pats (WHL). Seems like a great all-around player and leader. Descriptions make me think of a Loui Eriksson type.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I prefer Drouin to Mackinnion. IMO MacKinnion has elite athleticism and high level hockey sense, while Drouin has elite hockey sense and high level athleticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad