Kings Vision: 2013 Development Camp Interviews

KingsVision

Jun 24, 2009

Daryl Evans talks with Kings defenseman prospect Kevin Gravel during the 2013 development camp.

KingsVision

Jun 24, 2009

Daryl Evans talks with Kings forward prospect Tanner Pearson during the 2013 development camp.

KingsVision

Jun 24, 2009

Daryl Evans talks with Kings forward prospect Andy Andreoff during the 2013 development camp.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Would be interesting to see if Tanner can make the team out of camp. He certainly has that expectation.

It's not impossible and it would be interesting. Unlikely though as I would expect that Clifford would be given a shot at third line left wing if King falters which would leave the fourth line left wing to be fought over by King, Nolan, and Andreoff. I think for any fourth line opportunity, Andreoff would be considered first and foremost, at least that's what I gathered based on what Futa had to say about the subject in his pre-draft interview. He was asked about which kids would have the best shot out of this year's training camp to make the team, and he nodded that Andreoff would be up there and that bottom line guys would probably be closer than skill guys.

KingsVision

Jun 24, 2009

Daryl Evans talks with Kings forward prospect Tyler Toffoli during the 2013 development camp.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It's not impossible and it would be interesting. Unlikely though as I would expect that Clifford would be given a shot at third line left wing if King falters which would leave the fourth line left wing to be fought over by King, Nolan, and Andreoff. I think for any fourth line opportunity, Andreoff would be considered first and foremost, at least that's what I gathered based on what Futa had to say about the subject in his pre-draft interview. He was asked about which kids would have the best shot out of this year's training camp to make the team, and he nodded that Andreoff would be up there and that bottom line guys would probably be closer than skill guys.

That's my thought process also. Not really if he can meet the challange (which I think he can), but rather where would he be slotted in? He's not a bottom six player and our top six is most likely sorted out. Unless you roll Brown, Pearson, Frattin, and then Clifford. I doubt that would happen though. Clifford seems best suited on the third line.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I've been mentally penciling in Pearson for a while now...

KingsVision

Jun 24, 2009

Daryl Evans talks with Kings defenseman prospect Derek Forbort during the 2013 development camp.

KingsVision

Jun 24, 2009

Daryl Evans talks with Kings defenseman prospect Nick Ebert during the 2013 development camp.

KingsVision

Jun 24, 2009

Daryl Evans talks with Kings forward prospect Valentine Zykov during the 2013 development camp.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
That's my thought process also. Not really if he can meet the challange (which I think he can), but rather where would he be slotted in? He's not a bottom six player and our top six is most likely sorted out. Unless you roll Brown, Pearson, Frattin, and then Clifford. I doubt that would happen though. Clifford seems best suited on the third line.

Yeah, I doubt it too. I think the second line left wing spot, if no one is acquired via trade or free agency, will be fought for between Frattin and Toffoli.

KingKopitar11*

Gravel doesn't sound like the smartest tool in the shed lol.

This isn't the old NHL. Line numbers virtually don't exist, and hold little to no purpose. If all lines are doing good they all get good Ice time.

Andreoff or Pearson should crack the line up, upgrade already over some of last year's roster player.

KingsVision

Jun 24, 2009

Daryl Evans talks with Nelson Emerson of Player Development for the LA Kings during the 2013 development camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad