Speculation: 2013 Bruins Predictions

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
1. When will the lockout be settled?

Any day now...

2. What will the Bruins do with Tim Thomas? (Be as specific as possible.)

After the long lockout, he'll decide that he wants to come back for the short season, but he will not play in Boston...he will be traded for a 3rd round pick (probably not, but...)

3. Which player will be the most pleasant surprise?

Spoons

4. Which player will disappoint?

Hamilton...only b/c of the high expectations. He'll be fine for a rookie, but Claude will work him in slowly and he will spend some nights dressed in a suit and tie instead of actually playing...people will be impatient and want him to have a bigger role on the team.

5. What will be the biggest surprise of the year? (Transaction, result, etc.)

In reference to #2: Tim Thomas will play at some point this season, and play well...just not for Boston.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

Summer.

To Toronto for Kadri

Khudobin. Will be an excellent #2 and play 30-ish games

Hamilton. Will get very low minutes and sit lots of games.

Marchand gets 35 goals in a full season.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hamilton will disappoint the many who will have or have already placed personal expectations on him before he's played one pro minute. Viewing any games scratched or a mistake here or there as major steps back.

I will do my best to evaluate him in an area that is awfully tough when not in the locker room, hanging with the B's off ice or at practice and that's his ability to soak up every bit of lessons CJ, his staff and fellow teammates teach by word and example.

The kid will have stumbles, show me a rook outside of an elite talent who hasn't.....kid will be crucified each game here and THAT is my 100% guaranteed prediction.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I'm changing my prediction. Ill write it when I'm on my computer and its franchise altering.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
A bit off-topic, however is anybody comfortable with the state of the B's defense as is?

Chara-Seidenberg
Ference-Boychuk
McQuaid-(Krug/ Hamilton)

I'd be more comfortable if Chia somehow acquired another option for the #6/#7 slot. Perhaps a low-risk move, similar to Rolston last season? Maybe a few dmen will become available via amnesty buyout, perhaps looking to sign for shorter coin?

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
A bit off-topic, however is anybody comfortable with the state of the B's defense as is?

Chara-Seidenberg
Ference-Boychuk
McQuaid-(Krug/ Hamilton)

I'd be more comfortable if Chia somehow acquired another option for the #6/#7 slot. Perhaps a low-risk move, similar to Rolston last season? Maybe a few dmen will become available via amnesty buyout, perhaps looking to sign for shorter coin?

Going into the season, I am okay with it. Although, I would not be happy with that alignment going into the playoffs, should Hamilton not emerge right away as a legit top 4 D-man (I think expecting that year one in a shortened season is not realistic). So, if they get to the trade deadline and don't make a move for some veteran depth, I would be a little concerned. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe the Bruins will be one of the stingier defensive teams in the league again this year, but it's always nice to have some depth heading into the post-season. I expect Garnet Exelby to get some minutes early on as the 6/7 D. He will bring some toughness and he might be a better player on a better team. He's -28 career, but he has played on some pitiful teams.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

By the 11th.

Ask him if he wants to play. If not, buyout. If someone wants him, trade him for anything. If he doesn't want to play, then move on. But let's be honest, Rask-Thomas is much better than Rask-Khudobin. As much as some of us hate the guy, including me as of late, he still wins games. You don't have to read his Facebook. Then let him walk next season, if he agrees to play.

Either Rask or Seguin. Especially in a shortened season, Seguin will be close to a PPG average, while Rask will prove that he's capable of being this team's #1.

Hamilton, but not in a bad way. He's a rookie who's main issue is decision making. He's going to get teared apart. It's going to take some time for him to become a solid NHL defenseman, let alone our #1. He's going to have a year similar to Seguin's rookie season. He's turned out OK.

A bottom 5 team (Oilers, Habs, Leafs, or Islanders, because let's be honest Columbus has no chance) will make the playoffs.

Savaahd91

Jun 3, 2012
Jan 4

2. What will the Bruins do with Tim Thomas?
leave him in his bunker

Pevs

caron
5. What will be the biggest surprise of the year?
Bettmans resignation

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

Chara-Seidenberg
Ference-Boychuk
McQuaid-(Krug/ Hamilton)

They picked up Aaron Johnson for that role.

Here is his roster biography: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8469534

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad