2013 AHL All Star Game

Hartford Hockey

May 8, 2012
Hartford, CT
Can someone please tell me why there has been no voting for this? Is the AHL just going to select whoever they want for the event this year? The only thing I can think of is that the league was banking on the NHL locking out for the entire season and just inviting all of the "would be NHLers" regardless of their stats so that you would get a Chris Kreider instead of a Kris Newbury.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
NHL lockout probably had everything to do with it. Maybe Andrews was told by his bosses that the NHL would be coming back and that watching 70% of the selections heading to the NHL wouldn't be good for business.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Bit of a tough spot considering the NHL opening lineups are set the 18th or 19th and the ASG weekend is 27-28th.

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
All star rosters

Can someone please tell me why there has been no voting for this? Is the AHL just going to select whoever they want for the event this year? The only thing I can think of is that the league was banking on the NHL locking out for the entire season and just inviting all of the "would be NHLers" regardless of their stats so that you would get a Chris Kreider instead of a Kris Newbury.

I just read on the AHL website that the playing rosters for the AHL All Star game will be announced this week. It didn't give a date. Anyone hear anything about how the rosters are being selected?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad