Prospect Info: 2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part IV* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 6/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
All the half-decent UDFA prospects will be long gone before September. They are being signed as we speak, and most have already gotten themselves a contract.

The unsigned prospects that remain in September won't even be able to hack it in the ECHL for the most part. Some may suddenly get better in the coming years, but I doubt it will show in the preseason, it will take them a long time to improve enough to be legit prospects.

I'd rather have guys like Noreau and St. Croix there than someone who's one level above playing against me in a beer league.

What will St. Croix and Noreau really gain from playing four games in Traverse City? Last year, the only guy we sent with any real NA professional experience was Yogan, and the tournament certainly didn't do him any good. The rest were guys fresh out of or still in junior hockey, or European leagues. That's what we do every year.

You're right in that there's not much out there in terms of unsigned talent, but I don't really understand how it benefits guys that already have a season of professional experience in the AHL and ECHL to play against a bunch of guys with less experience.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Really love to hear that Buchnevich is training here in NA and great news to hear from Skjei as well. Decent news for Duclair. Hope he plays even better.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Gross is wrong about Tambellini.

He had 2-2-4 for the Sioux, then was a combined 22-26-48 in 37 games for the Hitmen.

Tambellini was a great addition for Calgary. He was essentially their most productive playmaker and developed chemistry with Virtanen, who's a Kreider clone.

The coach was fired after the first round loss to Kootenay (the series Skapski was horrific) and replaced by Mark French, who won a Calder Cup with Hershey and was in the KHL.

I didnt like Tambellini after the NoDak thing but it was obviously the right choice. He should have a big year this year.

Whether or not his game translates to the NHL is a mystery. French will definitely have him AHL-ready after next season.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I like this draft.

The only pick that annoyed me was Halverson. Would've rathered Glover.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I liked the draft. You could see that the organization had a plan in mind going in, which is reassuring.

Also, the Buchnevich thing is awesome to hear. Probably getting an early start on prospect camp.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I like this draft.

The only pick that annoyed me was Halverson. Would've rathered Glover.

I understand that this helps our goaltending depth quite significantly, but grabbing a few centers would've been really nice. There are a load of good talent that teams passed on so I could see us bringing a few in for prospects camp, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad