2013-2014 - NAHL - what teams are leaving and what new teams are joining?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4600578

NAHL news

NAPHL announces 16 programs (with both Midget Major (18U) and Midget Minor (16U) teams).

The NAPHL is a Tier I midget hockey league sanctioned by USA Hockey that maximizes player exposure thru its high-profile recruiting events, which attract hundreds of college, junior and professional scouts annually. The NAPHL is operated by the NAHL's experienced staff and provides an organized and competitive experience guaranteed to benefit all of the participating student-athletes.
The 18U and 16U teams for the 2013-14 season are (alphabetical):

Anaheim Jr. Ducks

Atlanta Fire `

California Titans

Cleveland Jr. Lumberjacks

Detroit Falcons

Lansing Capitals

New Jersey Jr. Titans

Omaha AAA Hockey Club

Phoenix Firebirds

Pikes Peak Miners

Pittsburgh Viper Stars

Pursuit of Excellence

San Jose Jr. Sharks

St. Louis Selects

Texas Tornado

West Michigan Hounds

tornadowarning

May 15, 2013
Well something must have been lost in translation or they forgot to inform the front office staff that they had been "relieved of their duties". I just went by the Tornado office and guess what, the lights are on and the staff are at their desks with normal off season duties.

Got these responses from staff members and off ice officials.

"no, no!! Just more stupid rumors!! We're all still there doing our thing!!"

"the rumors aren't true! We're still all there and operating as always! "

"its totally false! They are still there and still doing business."

Not to mention that from what I am hearing the Brahma/Nytex ownership group has had major financial issues. The CHL had to step in mid season to keep the Brahmas/Nytex afloat through the end of the CHL season. Have heard from numerous sources that the Brahmas front office staff, team and Nytex facilities personnel have yet to be paid for the last month or so of the season. Which would be a big red flag for the BOG approving them as a new ownership group.

I will believe it when I see it, until then it is just another of Heisler's rumors like the Tornado moving to Rio Grande Valley, or Tulsa joining the league, or New Mexico moving to Nytex, or Laredo joining the league, or the CH1L (or what ever the CHL Junior league was to be called) and oh so many more that have yet to come true.

On 5/9/13 at 11:59 Heisler posted;

"There were 6 NA-South teams this morning...there is now 7. By this time next week we should be hearing about the 8th."

Well it has been over 3 weeks and we are still waiting on that 8th team.

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
Well something must have been lost in translation or they forgot to inform the front office staff that they had been "relieved of their duties". I just went by the Tornado office and guess what, the lights are on and the staff are at their desks with normal off season duties.

Got these responses from staff members and off ice officials.

"no, no!! Just more stupid rumors!! We're all still there doing our thing!!"

"the rumors aren't true! We're still all there and operating as always! "

"its totally false! They are still there and still doing business."

Not to mention that from what I am hearing the Brahma/Nytex ownership group has had major financial issues. The CHL had to step in mid season to keep the Brahmas/Nytex afloat through the end of the CHL season. Have heard from numerous sources that the Brahmas front office staff, team and Nytex facilities personnel have yet to be paid for the last month or so of the season. Which would be a big red flag for the BOG approving them as a new ownership group.

I will believe it when I see it, until then it is just another of Heisler's rumors like the Tornado moving to Rio Grande Valley, or Tulsa joining the league, or New Mexico moving to Nytex, or Laredo joining the league, or the CH1L (or what ever the CHL Junior league was to be called) and oh so many more that have yet to come true.

On 5/9/13 at 11:59 Heisler posted;

"There were 6 NA-South teams this morning...there is now 7. By this time next week we should be hearing about the 8th."

Well it has been over 3 weeks and we are still waiting on that 8th team.

Thank you so much. I was really worried. Appreciate it. Go NADO!

PolishX

Mar 5, 2008
I miss NAHL hockey. Use to watch the Alaska Avalanche before they screwed the pooch and went from wasilla (where they got crowds) to the barn in Palmer ( 106 people at final game). Sad but I dont see NAHL or WSHL or anyone playing in Anchorage or the Mat Su Valley ..Fairbanks and Kenai has fine programs ..

cup4blues

Sarcasm galore
Aug 15, 2008
Until I see dates scheduled at the Dr. Pepper Arena, and it's late August and I'm there watching them play the black & gold game, I won't believe they actually exist.

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
Just noticed this. The last two Robertson Cup Championships The Winner is gone after a year (Look out Amarillo) and the loser lost the team. Granted Wenatchee got Fresno's membership but still. St. Louis and Texas are both out from 2012's Title Game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad