Speculation: 2013-14 Trade rumors and proposals - Part II

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Teddy better come big in the playoffs.

Still all in didnt want to copy all of what you and me wrote. Keep this short and sweet?

Emotional? No. I am not. Just Teddy is not needed he brings nothing to this team that we dont have in spades at this moment.

Sure he can hit 50 points maybe next two years but his Defense is atrocious to be kind.

He causes other players to work harder to cover for him. His decision making is some of the dumbest I have seen from a vet in lifetime of watching hockey. I can count on him mostly to make the wrong decision 80% of the time. When to shoot pucks to boards when to coast in holding puck when to shoot when to pass.

He is like lindback to be truthful his game is so off I doubt he ever gets it truly right again. Is a shame he has moments where he would be worthwhile but even his worthwhile? Doesnt add to the scoreboard since his line will win wind up even or worse no matter what he scores.

Drouin is going to bring more offense I am hoping he will be good two way player myself I have seen him working pretty hard since the olympic break in what can watch of him and am impressed at his growth as a two way player playing in all situations.

We have issues to reach a cup. Teddy is not the piece that is going to make the difference unless we move him to acquire the defensive guy and maybe another two way superstar to make a difference. That is my opinion yes but we are really close.

I do not see Teddy Purcell as being a difference maker except in a negative way and have felt this way the entire season. Guys go through slumps, guys struggle at times etc. I get all of that and accept it. We have plenty of playmakers though and the decision making process for Teddy which this year has been terrible is the main problem along with the defense not the points he puts up is more he puts points to other side at same rates.

Do we really want a third liner for 4.5 million a year on this team or do we want a number two d guy?

Is about business what is needed. The third line 4.5 million guy is not going to help us as much as a number 2 d would:)

Teddy Purcell plain and simple HAS TO BE CARRIED to be worthwhile. We have now guys young guys who are showing they can carry others:) Time to move on for what is really needed.

So no not emotional my friend its business. I separate the two in regards to this.

I like Teddy Purcell think he is hell of a guy. Just he is not part of what is needed for the next step.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Still all in didnt want to copy all of what you and me wrote. Keep this short and sweet?

Emotional? No. I am not. Just Teddy is not needed he brings nothing to this team that we dont have in spades at this moment.

Sure he can hit 50 points maybe next two years but his Defense is atrocious to be kind.

He causes other players to work harder to cover for him. His decision making is some of the dumbest I have seen from a vet in lifetime of watching hockey. I can count on him mostly to make the wrong decision 80% of the time. When to shoot pucks to boards when to coast in holding puck when to shoot when to pass.

He is like lindback to be truthful his game is so off I doubt he ever gets it truly right again. Is a shame he has moments where he would be worthwhile but even his worthwhile? Doesnt add to the scoreboard since his line will win wind up even or worse no matter what he scores.

Drouin is going to bring more offense I am hoping he will be good two way player myself I have seen him working pretty hard since the olympic break in what can watch of him and am impressed at his growth as a two way player playing in all situations.

We have issues to reach a cup. Teddy is not the piece that is going to make the difference unless we move him to acquire the defensive guy and maybe another two way superstar to make a difference. That is my opinion yes but we are really close.

I do not see Teddy Purcell as being a difference maker except in a negative way and have felt this way the entire season. Guys go through slumps, guys struggle at times etc. I get all of that and accept it. We have plenty of playmakers though and the decision making process for Teddy which this year has been terrible is the main problem along with the defense not the points he puts up is more he puts points to other side at same rates.

Do we really want a third liner for 4.5 million a year on this team or do we want a number two d guy?

Is about business what is needed. The third line 4.5 million guy is not going to help us as much as a number 2 d would:)

Teddy Purcell plain and simple HAS TO BE CARRIED to be worthwhile. We have now guys young guys who are showing they can carry others:) Time to move on for what is really needed.

So no not emotional my friend its business. I separate the two in regards to this.

I like Teddy Purcell think he is hell of a guy. Just he is not part of what is needed for the next step.

Wrong guy. :P

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Teddy just doesn't pass the eye test. He gets minutes with our top players and generally those type players do better as soon as he's removed from the line. When was the last time Teddy was on a line that could consistently create pressure in the offensive zone?

The thing about Purcell is, when he leads the rush, it seems to rarely lead to a dangerous scoring chance before the puck comes back out.

He's been better since the MSL trade, I think, although he's still having terrible games. It's not like this is a 23 year-old kid who's still learning the game. Despite improvements defensively, Teddy is still pretty one dimensional. This year we're seeing what it looks like when that dimension disappears. But yeah, since the MSL trade he's been a little bit better. Still not worthy of top-six minutes though.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I dont like him for us would take paquette more scoring upside bigger.

Leo is small yes he hits but doesnt block a ton of shots. I do not see the need myself he is small even though plays bigger. I get the checking thing but paquette has that game.

Erne will have that game etc. Think brown is better defensively much rather keep pyatt myself just do not see a need to waste a roster spot when we already seem tapped with too many bodies as is.

Komarov is waaaaay better than Paquette right now. He would be a perfect fit for the fourth line. I have loved him every time he has played for the Finnish national team. Good PKer, hits like a madman and he really has surprisingly good hands for a grinder. A line of him, Thompson and Crombeen would be a really good grinding line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad