2013-14 Season Alignment

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Midwest is exactly what I wanted, Utica being in the North is only mildly off, but gotta feel bad for the West. Especially Charlotte.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
What about when the phantoms move back to Pennsylvania ?

That would actually help matters. Right now, there are 6 NY teams in the AHL. When the Phantoms leave, you've got a 5-team division (Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Utica, Binghamton).

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
4 seasons 4 division moves for the Checkers.

I think the AHL needs another team in their region. Being an outpost city is hurting them. The other teams need to travel a long way to get there, hence the division changes. The AHL is spreading the pain to the other conference teams.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
What all of you fail to realize is that these alignments do not factor into any of the scheduling. The only impact is playoff scheduling. Other than that, the East gets what they want and the west gets the rest......

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Is there a reason why the AHL hasn't just tossed Norfolk in with the Charlotte and put them in together as part of a Dixie division with the Texas/Oklahoma teams? Seems like it'd make the most sense for all the teams involved, all things considered.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Is there a reason why the AHL hasn't just tossed Norfolk in with the Charlotte and put them in together as part of a Dixie division with the Texas/Oklahoma teams? Seems like it'd make the most sense for all the teams involved, all things considered.

It'd probably be easier for them travel wise to fly everywhere instead of busing 6+ hours to anyone. Only thing I could think of is that they've poured so much money into that sleeper bus of theirs, they don't want to blow off the investment.

RFA

Jan 17, 2010
It's funny they stopped releasing the schedule breakdown a few weeks earlier. They'd say how many times each team would play each other, must have stopped because there are so many strange numbers in it.

Those busses look cool, but I'd like to see how they look full.

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
It's funny they stopped releasing the schedule breakdown a few weeks earlier. They'd say how many times each team would play each other, must have stopped because there are so many strange numbers in it.
Or they're justifiably embarrassed by how many zeros are in it.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006

Because divisions and conferences have ZERO bearing on the schedule. There is no "you must play everyone in your division or conference a certain number of times" rule.

And for those that want to know the opponents for the teams here in the midwest:

Milwaukee:
18 times each - Chicago, Rockford, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford

Chicago:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford

Rockford:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Chicago, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford

Iowa:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Chicago, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford

Grand Rapids:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa, Chicago
4 times - Abbotsford

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
I'm sure the Canucks lobbied hard for that as it meant Utica would make at least one trip to play the Heat. Plus, it helps Abbotsford out as people will actually show up to those games.

I don't know how many times it has been said but I will say it once more. Division alignment has almost no bearing on schedule.

Emerald City Bruin

I-90 W for 2500mi
Aug 3, 2004
Seattle,WA
I don't know how many times it has been said but I will say it once more. Division alignment has almost no bearing on schedule.

You didn't have to say it this time. He was talking about Utica being in the Western Conference. Were they in the East, they wouldn't be travelling to Abbotsford at all.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
You didn't have to say it this time. He was talking about Utica being in the Western Conference. Were they in the East, they wouldn't be travelling to Abbotsford at all.

Yes they would. Whomever the Canucks affiliate with will ALWAYS travel to Abbotsford since those games sell a ton of tickets.

Fixed it for you:

I don't know how many times it has been said but I will say it once more. Division alignment has no bearing on schedule.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Because divisions and conferences have ZERO bearing on the schedule. There is no "you must play everyone in your division or conference a certain number of times" rule.

And for those that want to know the opponents for the teams here in the midwest:

Milwaukee:
18 times each - Chicago, Rockford, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford

Chicago:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford

Rockford:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Chicago, Iowa, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford

Iowa:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Chicago, Grand Rapids
4 times - Abbotsford

Grand Rapids:
18 times each - Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa, Chicago
4 times - Abbotsford

Actually, it is Milwaukee 12x for Chicago and Rockford; and 10x for Iowa and Grand Rapids, but your point is still valid. I would rather see 10x maximum and see another team or two during the season. Milwaukee plays 14 teams this season, up 1 from 2012-13.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad