Name | Injury | Projected Return
Rich Peverley|Irregular Heart Beat|Early October
Aaron Rome|Off-Season Surgery|Early October
Scott Glennie|Knee|10/16-10/30
Trevor Daley|Upper Body|After the Start of the Season

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
We're still waiting word on the extent of Glennie's injury.

All the hard work and dedication seemed to be paying off. Dallas coach Lindy Ruff complemented his game, and mentioned him as a young player in the mix for an NHL spot. When he received an opportunity in Dallas’ s 2nd pre-season game to show fans just how far he’d come, disaster struck. After an impressive game where he showed his defensive ability, Glennie collided with a Florida player and the net before going down awkwardly following the Panther’s tying goal.

Primetimey*

@StarsInsideEdge

Scott Glennie expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a knee injury.

Well, there goes his contract for next year. Glennie is doooooone.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Eh, 4-6 weeks isn't actually that bad considering we worried he'd be out much longer than that.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah ... I can't tell if you were being sarcastic because this is fantastic news IMO. Ruff and Nill kind of made it seem longer term IMO.

This only puts him out until October 16th to October 30th.

Obviously that's not good, but he won't miss much of the season.

He will be on Dallas' cap to start the year, but he's only paid $810,000. The rest is bonuses, and you can't earn any of your bonuses if you aren't playing. He'll probably cost about $115K against the cap in real dollars even though the hit will be around $225K. Luckily, they'd be able to exceed the cap technically by that difference since it's unearned bonus money.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
This also means he'll probably finish off the calendar year in Cedar Park with rehabbing.

If he recovers from the injury to back where he was before, I can see him breaking into the NHL lineup around the trade deadline if Dallas makes some moves in the bottom 6.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
...poor Glennie

I was actually starting to get excited about his progress this offseason. Hopefully he will be back within the timeline set and can pick it up again in Austin.

Pohlow

Mar 26, 2012
Frisco, Tx
So, as someone who honestly doesn't know much about Glennie, does this mean he is done for good? Not career wise, just NHL wise

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
So, as someone who honestly doesn't know much about Glennie, does this mean he is done for good? Not career wise, just NHL wise

I doubt it. He made big strides near the end of last season and in the off-season. I am 100% sure he will still have a good year when returning from his injury and get a contract from us for at least 2 more years. He obviously hasn't lived up to potential but I still think the potential is still there and if we let him walk then we would be giving up on him too early.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'll have a major issue with this teams management if they punish a guy over a simple knee injury.

This is a road bump compared to most of his obstacles.

He's still a wildcard to become an NHL player, but I doubt this has any impact on it. The only thing this does is take away another prime opportunity to make the jump immediately.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006

Maybe for him making this team, but even if he isn't re-signed I would think another team would take a flyer on him.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Casualty from last night:

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge

Trevor Daley suffered upper body injury in last night's game. Not skating today, seeing doctor.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Am I remembering correctly that Daley's had shoulder issues in the past? Let's just pray this has absolutely nothing to do with the neck fusion.

Trevor Daley (upper body) skated this morning. Still being evaluated however. No timetable.

Ritchie banged up:

Brett Ritchie has a lower body injury (contusion). Out a few days. Could still play one of the final two preseason games.

IDK ... this just makes me more worried they're strongly considering him for the 4th line. You can't assign an injured a player so that could explain him not going down, but then he says they are going to play him again late in the season ... sounds like the Thursday dress rehearsal game. If he's in that game ... hopefully it's only as a fill in until Peverley is good to go.

Primetimey*

If they were thinking on having Ritchie in the starting lineup you would think they would give him more than one-preseason game. Seems like they are looking between Gazdic, Mueller, and Sceviour on who will fill in for Peverley.

Primetimey*

If they were thinking on having Ritchie in the starting lineup you would think they would give him more than one-preseason game. Seems like they are looking between Gazdic, Mueller, and Sceviour on who will fill in for Peverley.

Or not..

“He skated this morning. He’s doing a lot better,†Ruff said. “He just had a bad contusion that we felt is going to keep him out a few days. He may be available to play those last two gamesâ€

Looks like Ruff might want to see him in the final two games if he is available. Hmm

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Practice Update/Lines:

Benn-Seguin-Cole
Whitney-Eakin-Chiasson
Roussel-Horcoff-Nichushkin
Garbutt-Fiddler-Sceviour
MacDermid-Mueller-Stransky
Gazdic-Morin-Smith
Peverley

Dillon-Robidas
Jokipakka-Gonchar
Goligoski-Oleksiak
Benn-Oleksiak
Gaunce-Connauton
Nemeth-Fortunus

Lehtonen
Ellis
Nilstorp
Campbell

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
At this point in the pre-season, I'd say line combos matter ...

Great to see Sceviour for now in a game spot, and interesting to see Connauton on the outside with 2 D out. Pretty shocked though to see Jokipakka in the Top 6. He's been getting rave reviews from TC and the few times I've heard someone talk about him in camp. It makes sense that his style would be similar to Daley (obviously minus the speed) ... a guy they seem interested in playing with Gonchar.

MetalGodAOD*

Those top 4 lines look pretty good to me. Peverley replaces Garbutt/Sceviour when he returns and pushes Rousell back down to the 4th.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Those top 4 lines look pretty good to me. Peverley replaces Garbutt/Sceviour when he returns and pushes Rousell back down to the 4th.

Give me Garbutt on the bench, and I'm a happy camper.

Horcoff-Peverley-Nichushkin
Roussel-Fiddler-Sceviour

The Top 9 is wonderful, and that 4th line isn't half bad.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rome and Daley out what are the D pairings looking like going into the season?

A bit surprising but based on today's practice ....

Dillon-Robidas
Jokipakka-Gonchar
Goligoski-Oleksiak

The surprise is Jokipakka. He's not a young guy, and he does have some good pro experience in Finland ... closer to NA game than the rest of Europe. So maybe it's not all that surprising. Still Connauton seemed like a good bet to make the team over the summer ... instead ... 3 days before the final dress rehersal ... he's on an AHL pair with his partner last season in Texas.

If everything holds and everyone gets healthy ...

Dillon-Robidas
Jokipakka-Gonchar
Goligoski-Daley
Rome

I debated about what to do with Daley, Jokipakka, and Oleksiak, and ultimately I think they will get Jamie back in the AHL as soon as possible. Rome could slide in next to Goli until Daley is good to go.

Daley has already been playing with Gonchar so he could easily slide back in there, but I've always sort of wanted to see a Goligoski-Daley pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad