Not open for further replies.

member 96824

womens-giroux-heart-sweatshirt_design.png

*sigh*

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
aren't the flyers like, legitimately in love with claude giroux?

i'd have a hard time imagining them trading him before they went and got rid of richards and carter because they were too destructive together, who then promptly won a cup together in another city.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

i'd have a hard time imagining them trading him before they went and got rid of richards and carter because they were too destructive together, who then promptly won a cup together in another city.

In a non-joking, non-set-up, non-hyperbole way, would could Holmgren do that would truly stun you?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
trade claude giroux, honestly.

he's the guy i would fully expect could do anything but that. especially after ownership was all "claude giroux should not only be on team canada, but team canada should be named team giroux. and the gold medals should have little pictures of him on it. and you should win things by watching."

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

he's the guy i would fully expect could do anything but that. especially after ownership was all "claude giroux should not only be on team canada, but team canada should be named team giroux. and the gold medals should have little pictures of him on it. and you should win things by watching."

I thought that statement was bizarre at the time and it is not aging well.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
oh sure, but when was the last time the flyers were this in love with a player?

he just strikes me as a flyer for life. and he probably will be since he's not a goalie.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Good god Holtby is terrible. How many times has he been pulled in the past month or so? Him and Mason...blah.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

I add Philly to the list of teams the B's have destroyed. We swept them, and they blew it up. Someone told me that locker room was FUBAR during that period of time.

I wonder if the league will review Simonds grabbing Erskine from behind while he was fighting Vinnie. Vinnie owes Simonds dinner. Erskine already had Vinnie hurt, Simonds grabbed him, and Vinnie lands a haymaker. Erskine is just a scary dude. The guy's helmet barely fits on that giant dome of his. In fact, the thing looks like it could explode if he wrinkled his nose.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston

I was kidding by the way. I don't know if you were responding to me or not.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
I add Philly to the list of teams the B's have destroyed. We swept them, and they blew it up. Someone told me that locker room was FUBAR during that period of time.

I wonder if the league will review Simonds grabbing Erskine from behind while he was fighting Vinnie. Vinnie owes Simonds dinner. Erskine already had Vinnie hurt, Simonds grabbed him, and Vinnie lands a haymaker. Erskine is just a scary dude. The guy's helmet barely fits on that giant dome of his. In fact, the thing looks like it could explode if he wrinkled his nose.

i always think of the richard kiel 9 iron scene from happy gilmore when erskine gets into his staredowns.... if im vinny in that spot, id be saying something like 'yep, **** this.' :laugh:

pretty bush from simmonds. lucky for him, big john's only been trying to get him to dance for two years now... heh

member 96824

Giroux has the chance to retire probably a top 5 flyer ever. His PPG "off season" last year and slow start this year has almost made this guy underrated.

or it could just be my puppy love going on 4 years :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
So Rangers scored two SHG on the same penalty to tie it up. Still not enough, even though Toronto is outshot as usual. They'll probably win it in OT.

member 96824

I dunno, I think Pronger getting hurt and never being replaced did far worse damage than any thing the Bruins did.

I still believe the Carter and Richards trades were both great for the team...younger, deeper up front, and allowed Giroux to become the man for that team...which he's turned out to be better than either guy anyways.

But they didn't address the gaping hole that Pronger left. It would be like if Chara went down two years ago, and we still hadn't gone out and got a defender. I don't think Holmgren ever allowed himself to realize how big of a part Pronger was....I mean, we laugh about their goaltending situation...but Mason has played pretty decently, despite his numbers...you could truly put Rask, Quick, Rinne, whoever you want back there...but the fact still remains on D, they have some incredible complimentary pieces in Kimmo, Coburn, etc....but no real #1. Maybe MacDonald can help that #1 by committee, we shall see. Still think the guy is incredibly underrated and we keep seeing the same types of posts about him that we saw about Dennis Seidenberg in 2010, which isn't surprising....since they played a similar game. Minutes and blocked shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad