GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Stan Chistov Lucky #13 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

Wild got screwed. Benoit BLATANTLY held on what would've been a likely empty-netter.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
The Avs are a ton of fun to watch. Need some major upgrades on the back end to have sustainable success but their forward group is awesome.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Four and a half minutes left in a one goal Game Five?

Horrendous. Have a feel for the game.

Plus, the goalie waited to tie it up, what should the guy do? Not go hard to the net?

No I agree completely, but the rules have basically taken any guesswork out of that penalty. It's like the delay of game call (which I believe someone here, perhaps you, like)

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I want the full slate in the west to go seven

Kings I want to win their series

I want the Hawks to win in 7

I don't care about the other two but I'm rooting for Dallas and Minny in their game 6's

ACR Wild deserve it karma for signing Cooke.

I would be fully on their wagon from the start of the season, but bc of that I could care less about them.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
NHL owes the Wild an apology for this loss. They got robbed of a victory.

But, they need to be much stronger on the puck and along the boards if they are ever going to be a contender.

You would think teams see how leads are lost by sitting back. The Wild kept dumping the puck and changing out entire lines for the last 7:00 of the game. No forecheck at all just allows teams to come full speed at the defense.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
MacKinnon is something else. Wild got screwed, but the kid is unreal. Colorado picked the right year to tank.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Four and a half minutes left in a one goal Game Five?

Horrendous. Have a feel for the game.

Plus, the goalie waited to tie it up, what should the guy do? Not go hard to the net?

Snowing the goalie is doing nothing to make a play. If you do something that stupid, even near the end of the game, expect it could be called. I think it was a good call.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
MacKinnon is something else. Wild got screwed, but the kid is unreal. Colorado picked the right year to tank.

Probably the best first overall pick since Crosby.

He is good although I think the Avs get beat in the next round. Hawks and St Louis both have the defensive structure to make it hard on the Avs.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Snowing the goalie is doing nothing to make a play. If you do something that stupid, even near the end of the game, expect it could be called. I think it was a good call.

Ugh. So you want every post whistle scrum called too, right? Because that's doing nothing to make a play as well.

The goalie didn't cover the puck up right away, looked like he maybe wanted to play it. The guy skated full speed to force him to cover it up and get a face off.

Just horrendous. It's ****ing water. I think the goalie will recover from the physical and emotional trauma. Live it didn't even look like he got him in the face.

It's hockey. Playoff hockey. Make that call in the first period in November in a game that is getting out of control.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
See, and once Cooke took out Barrie, I switched sides.

I just can't find a way to root for a team that is coached by Roy and once had Claude Lemieux, Peter Forsberg & Scott Parker.

I wish the guy that did divealanche.com kept it going. Probably the funniest sports related web site of all time.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Wild got screwed. Benoit BLATANTLY held on what would've been a likely empty-netter.

This. Call it holding or interference, either way it was an obvious penalty.

I have no stock in that series at all but I was livid when I saw the Avs tie it up and eventually win it in OT.

The Wild got jobbed hard.

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
If you have ever spend much time in Denver you will see why their fans are so annoying. The city is full of pretentious jerks.

Have you ever been to the city? More than once that is? Yea there are probably some that fit your label but there are some of those in New England too. Sorry if you had a bad experience but its a great state and city and I have had great experiences there over the last 15 years. Give it another chance if you can and don't let a few jerks ruin your perception of a great town.

Best.

acr*

I have no stock in that series at all but I was livid when I saw the Avs tie it up and eventually win it in OT.

At the start of the series I didn't care about either of these teams at all, so I have no real rooting interest, but I had the same response. I feel bad for Minnesota now, they could've pulled off a big upset by now if they held on in game 1 and didn't get screwed last night. Now they're facing an uphill battle.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA

At the start of the series I didn't care about either of these teams at all, so I have no real rooting interest, but I had the same response. I feel bad for Minnesota now, they could've pulled off a big upset by now if they held on in game 1 and didn't get screwed last night. Now they're facing an uphill battle.

Any team paying money to Matt Cooke to play hockey deserves to get jobbed out of wins. And I hate Patrick Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad