2013-14 Lightning Player Rankings: #2

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Our season is over so let's rank our players. Who were our best players this season?

We'll include all players that have played at least 20 regular season games for the Lightning or were used in prominent roles.

Note: Please take only on-ice production and performance into account (caugh Marty caugh).

8471750.jpg

G Ben Bishop (58.49%)​

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This one's tougher IMO. You could make a case for Palat, Hedman, Filppula, St. Louis and Stamkos.

I went with Filthy Fil.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Why I went with Fil: I think over the course of the full season Filppula was more consistent than Palat. Since January or rather today right now Palat may be the better or more important player though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it's close between Drej, Hedman, and Fil. I ultimately went with Drej though. I think his performance in 2014 was so good that it eeks him past the other two, who were clearly more consistent throughout the year. But even in the early going, it's important to remember, Drej might not have been scoring, but he was being used effectively in a shutdown role.

To be honest, I wish we had an offensively clueless version of Drej so we could put him on the third line.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I shudder to think at how bad our D would have been without Hedman as the anchor.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hedman had 4 less points then Palat in 6 less games, it has to be Hedman. Our D was nothing without him, Palat was great but without Hedman just was at another level this season.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Is everyone reading the whole op? I do not know how you can vote for a guy like stamkos when he missed half a year as our most important player or best player of the year ahead of guys who had great seasons and full seasons?

What's really concerning is that St. Louis has any votes. Sure, he was PPG while he was here, but he left us midseason and was a cancer for a month before. I'd argue that he doesn't even belong in the top 10.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
What's really concerning is that St. Louis has any votes. Sure, he was PPG while he was here, but he left us midseason and was a cancer for a month before. I'd argue that he doesn't even belong in the top 10.

I aint voting for him till last he did more damage than good all around imho.

Maybe give him a vote over some guys that played 11 games or something but not regular players is no way. That month? Man did he affect us in a bad way.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Went with Drej. I could see MSL at something like 9 or 10 (after we figure out top 6 F + Hedman + Bishop obv at #1).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad