2013-14 Lightning Player Rankings: #10

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Our season is over so let's rank our players. Who were our best players this season?

We'll include all players that have played at least 20 regular season games for the Lightning or were used in prominent roles.

Note: Please take only on-ice production and performance into account (caugh Marty caugh).

8471750.jpg

G Ben Bishop (58.49%)

8476292.jpg

L Ondrej Palat (43.18%)

8475167.jpg

D Victor Hedman (78.05%)

8470047.jpg

C Valtteri Filppula (50.00%)

8474870.jpg

C Tyler Johnson (63.89%)

8474564.jpg

C Steven Stamkos (69.39%)

8466378.jpg

R Martin St. Louis (70.45%)

8470640.jpg

D Matt Carle (42.50%)

8475462.jpg

D Radko Gudas (50.00%)​

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Voted Killorn because he was good (for the most part) for a full season. Callahan was really good for only ~20 games. Killer now and Cally next vote for me.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I dont get it. If killorn is next than the next guy is teddy I want to swear purcell.

I totally disagree with everyone on this. Nate is more valuable and was more important to us this year.

You cannot measure everything by point totals. I actually have the next pick after this one for brewer before killorn.

I really dislike these polls cause think you guys most of you only care about points and not on what is done overall.

Plus three playing with rookies on a third line or fourth line and being one of our most valued guys for pk etc. Only guy on the positive side of 50% on faceoffs besides flipper.

I get a lot of you dont believe in intangibles but if you really think killorns 41 points and plus eight equals thompsons work with kids moving up to three for over half a year is not more important well I have to strongly oppose this.

You look at the toi and you kinda of figure things out or look into the deep stats.

Killorn had an ok year nothing exceptional. Yet he is pretty much tied with teddy overall.

I hope seriously hope one day this fan base appreciates guys for overall worth and not how many points they put up per year.

Is no way in hell brewers 16 mins a game 17 points and plus minus 10 is not better than killorns or purcells years.

Just trying to open some eyes cause I get the numbers game but think you are all fixated on the almighty point factor where you dont look at most times anything but for sure a lot of times not everything else.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I dont get it. If killorn is next than the next guy is teddy I want to swear purcell.

I totally disagree with everyone on this. Nate is more valuable and was more important to us this year.

You cannot measure everything by point totals. I actually have the next pick after this one for brewer before killorn.

I really dislike these polls cause think you guys most of you only care about points and not on what is done overall.

Plus three playing with rookies on a third line or fourth line and being one of our most valued guys for pk etc. Only guy on the positive side of 50% on faceoffs besides flipper.

I get a lot of you dont believe in intangibles but if you really think killorns 41 points and plus eight equals thompsons work with kids moving up to three for over half a year is not more important well I have to strongly oppose this.

You look at the toi and you kinda of figure things out or look into the deep stats.

Killorn had an ok year nothing exceptional. Yet he is pretty much tied with teddy overall.

I hope seriously hope one day this fan base appreciates guys for overall worth and not how many points they put up per year.

Is no way in hell brewers 16 mins a game 17 points and plus minus 10 is not better than killorns or purcells years.

Just trying to open some eyes cause I get the numbers game but think you are all fixated on the almighty point factor where you dont look at most times anything but for sure a lot of times not everything else.

Thanks for telling us we have no idea what we're talking about as a fanbase.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Yes, because St. Louis is right up at the top of our rankings. He was the top point getter for us this year, after all.

Also can't forget about the Art Ross worthy numbers of Carle and Gudas.

Seriously Robert, you can be very arrogant and rude. Check the attitude and speak to us as adults, not in a chiding and condescending tone as if you are better than we are.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
What I'd like clarification on is what the "deeper stats" mean, because as far as I can tell from what little advanced statistics reading I've done neither TOI or +/- are terribly advanced, deep, or even useful.

With regards to FO%, I'd like to see where robert's statistics are coming from because as I found here:
http://www.extraskater.com/players/on-ice-events?season=2013&sit=all&sort=fo_pct&team=tb

Not only was Alex Killorn on the ice more, he took more faceoffs and won the highest percentage of anyone else on the team that played more than 62 games.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I was down on Killorn as explained in the Kucherov to killorn who is better thing. I spoke my opinion on this before I heard from the fan base. I do not think Killorn had a good year at all. He went forever without scoring him and teddy at one point were ATROCIOUS to be kind I remember that time and how bad it was personally.

To the one person? MARTY IS HATED so much that a lot of people probably dont even feel bad about his loss a real loss. That is how bad the hate is right now. We are all good people I think but the HATE is real and strong. So that he even got into the top ten is kinda surprising and a majority of us probably wish he wasnt even in this poll so honestly him being a bring up on comparison is a big question mark.

To those who think is condescending ok will accept that but is the Teddy factor and will apologize obviously some of you are very happy with Killorns year. I took those months with teddy. I took the drop off and bad play of that and no scoring for a very long time and I was totally down on him. Totally 100% down on Alex Killorn I have been told I was missing things which since is a majority of you saying this I will agree:)

Is no harm meant I am a passionate person in my beliefs and will debate or argue and the key? Agree apologize and admit when can be wrong:)

So I have done that no harm meant. I put life sucking scoring not teddy purcell with Alex Killorn. Others of you have that he is not that guy and is good so I will go with that.

I do think still what brewer did on bottom pairing not being a train wreck we have seen in other years? Also what thompson does and did with two kids for most of year and scrubs malone crombeen etc.. to me is very impressive and more than a guy who had the struggles and crappy time with teddy.

I appreciate what bottom guys do in not letting up points that is important. If teddy got as many points as killorn I am not impressed with killorn but have been told killer did more than I allowed myself to see.

So humbly I apologize I am wrong and will move on.

I seriously feel Teddy must go cause of how bad he made me look at another player who doesnt obviously to a majority of fans deserve it.

This is last will say on matter but do apologize not trying to be condescending am passionate and sometimes will agree to disagree. Sometimes will state am wrong this time I am wrong.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I was down on Killorn as explained in the Kucherov to killorn who is better thing. I spoke my opinion on this before I heard from the fan base. I do not think Killorn had a good year at all. He went forever without scoring him and teddy at one point were ATROCIOUS to be kind I remember that time and how bad it was personally.

To the one person? MARTY IS HATED so much that a lot of people probably dont even feel bad about his loss a real loss. That is how bad the hate is right now. We are all good people I think but the HATE is real and strong. So that he even got into the top ten is kinda surprising and a majority of us probably wish he wasnt even in this poll so honestly him being a bring up on comparison is a big question mark.

To those who think is condescending ok will accept that but is the Teddy factor and will apologize obviously some of you are very happy with Killorns year. I took those months with teddy. I took the drop off and bad play of that and no scoring for a very long time and I was totally down on him. Totally 100% down on Alex Killorn I have been told I was missing things which since is a majority of you saying this I will agree:)

Is no harm meant I am a passionate person in my beliefs and will debate or argue and the key? Agree apologize and admit when can be wrong:)

So I have done that no harm meant. I put life sucking scoring not teddy purcell with Alex Killorn. Others of you have that he is not that guy and is good so I will go with that.

I do think still what brewer did on bottom pairing not being a train wreck we have seen in other years? Also what thompson does and did with two kids for most of year and scrubs malone crombeen etc.. to me is very impressive and more than a guy who had the struggles and crappy time with teddy.

I appreciate what bottom guys do in not letting up points that is important. If teddy got as many points as killorn I am not impressed with killorn but have been told killer did more than I allowed myself to see.

So humbly I apologize I am wrong and will move on.

I seriously feel Teddy must go cause of how bad he made me look at another player who doesnt obviously to a majority of fans deserve it.

This is last will say on matter but do apologize not trying to be condescending am passionate and sometimes will agree to disagree. Sometimes will state am wrong this time I am wrong.

Those are all valid points. The problem isn't with the disagreement over Killorn, but it's when you say things like:

I really dislike these polls cause think you guys most of you only care about points

I get a lot of you dont believe in intangibles

Just trying to open some eyes cause I get the numbers game but think you are all fixated on the almighty point factor

You're making a lot of assumptions, most of which are based on what you appear to think is our stupidity and inability to understand hockey, simply because we disagree with you.

Last edited:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I try to not look at what everyone has said in the poll before I voted.

That said, it was a tossup between Brewer and Nate and Killer for me. I voted Brewer.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Those are all valid points. The problem isn't with the disagreement over Killorn, but it's when you say things like:

Quote:
I really dislike these polls cause think you guys most of you only care about points
Quote:
I get a lot of you dont believe in intangibles
Quote:
Quote:
Just trying to open some eyes cause I get the numbers game but think you are all fixated on the almighty point factor

You're making a lot of assumptions, most of which are based on what you appear to think is our stupidity and inability to understand hockey, simply because we disagree with you.

Good points I guess but its cause of my inability to see anything special on killorn because of a hate for Teddy probably? I didnt see killer doing anything special his two way play is whatever browns is better to me kucherov was a match. That is how far down I am on killorn. So if I am off based as fans have seem to correct me that kinda shows my stance in the first place though?

YOU ALL KNOW MY ISSUE I SPELLED IT OUT. I HAVE SHARED EXACTLY WHAT AM GOING THROUGH ITS REAL YOU CAN ACCEPT IT OR NOT BUT TRULY? I DON'T REALLY CARE. I AM TIRED OF HEARING YOU DISRESPECT ME.

IF I DISRESPECT YOU? I PROMISE TO GOD YOU WILL KNOW THAT I HAVE DISRESPECTED YOU THAT IS FACT.

My heart is going to cause alzheimers and dementia.

Maybe just maybe at times I am already there? In certain ways am sure I am? I wont keep this up have done it enough if dont like me block my thoughts? Is worst things in life than some IDIOTS (ME) opinion online:)

You can all not like me or like me? Friends will say I am a DIOCK and most will say I am the greatest person they ever met? Thats the truth. Give shirt off back always there kindest most generous human they know. Yet others will say I am a DIOCK who are closer probably than the ones who think I am MR Perfect lol.

I have apologized either accept or dont? I dont feel me saying my mind on what I think is an over evaluation and under evaluation is a slap at any of you. I think you need to look in reality and say what the HELL DOES THIS GUY KNOW?

I am having the worst week I have had in two years. Dad has Leukimia I have had first true heart attack in two years. I cant stay awake I have migraines and super sick and frustrated. Throwing up all from my heart issues.

So take one day in my shoes? Than look at what I said? Is that seriously like I got you behind a shed as a whipping boy? I mean jeez people are sooo dammed touchy?

I am trying to put this into context for you all?

I LOVE WHAT WE SHARE I DONT HAVE A HARD THOUGHT FOR ANY PERSON ON HERE. I DO NOT FEEL I AM ABOVE ANY OF YOU. MY SPEECH IS SCREWED MY UNDERSTANDING OF ENGLISH IS SO OFF BASE THAT ANYONE COULD SEE IT IF LOOKED? SO TO LET WHAT SAY OR TONE OF IT OR HOW I COME ACROSS EFFECT YOU IN SOME WAY TO ME IS JUST HEADSCRATCHING.

FOR THOSE WHO DIDNT KNOW YES I GOT ISSUES. I HAVE ASKED A BUNCH OF YOU AS FRIENDS ON HERE I DONT THINK BUT ONE HAS ACCEPTED? IF DIDNT LIKE YOU APPRECIATE THOUGHTS AND VIEWS AND

RESPECT YOU I WOULDNT ASK FOR FRIENDSHIP NO MATTER HOW MENTAL I AM BECOMING!!

I do not know how to come across as non condescending as what you are all saying. I truly dont see it in the words or tone? So all I can say is I am over all this to me is nonsense cause life is much harder and worse than an

opinion of someone you dont know online!!

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Killorn was one of our better players this year. Sure he tailed off but he was one of the pieces that kept the team going after Stammer went down. If he was luckier those posts might have been another 10 goals for him this year.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I dont know how to handle the situation as you have seen I am bitter this week very bitter and angry. I have had a rough time. Know I feel bad. Know I truly do not read a condescending tone in the words before the last thing I said. I spelled it out as best as I can at this moment. I have a real issue I am fighting. I am seriously struggling. I do not mean any disrespect so if you do feel that way KNOW IT IS UNINTENTIONAL.

I have said sorry and cannot really do more? I have said I do not see the condescending tones or disrespect. I cant comprehend or decipher what am writing to get a full grasp on how it was bad seriously. You have all seen how writing comes and goes. How bad it can truly get right now im in a full fledged crash.

I do not want people to feel sorry for me. I want you all to know I feel sorry if offend you. I do not know what else can do. Good news is wont be around so often got to somehow help my family through their tough time if can and hope and pray dont wind up in hospital or worse.

I truly don't have the words I RESPECT ALL OF YOU. I appreciate all of you and our shared of love and passion for this team community and family. To me is a family. Is my one outsource where can share my mind a bit which does help me so is very beneficial in this battle. I am losing this battle at times and in ways but will recover I believe:) I appreciate your views a lot more than any of you know. Or will ever realize so if sounds condescending or something as have stated I am sorry and is not intentional. Hopefully I have said enough.

As said I am gonna be gone and hope to get back and recover. Life is hard you have to take it for what its worth and do what you can I try to be a good human and care for others even when dont know well. Know I am sorry if offensive. Know dont want sympathy but understanding would be nice. Some day you might witness older relatives who go through what I am facing with the mental issue. Maybe you have them now. Is quite a bad thing to deal with honestly. Especially when you see it within your self and are truly unsure how to deal with it or when it happens till its already too late to change it so to speak.

I am sorry I do appreciate you all though and love our share of words and visions and hopes and dreams:) Is one of the major things which make me get up and fight each day to see the finish line. I want to live this dream. Hopefully I stay a semblance of self till that happens:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I dont know how to handle the situation as you have seen I am bitter this week very bitter and angry. I have had a rough time. Know I feel bad. Know I truly do not read a condescending tone in the words before the last thing I said. I spelled it out as best as I can at this moment. I have a real issue I am fighting. I am seriously struggling. I do not mean any disrespect so if you do feel that way KNOW IT IS UNINTENTIONAL.

I have said sorry and cannot really do more? I have said I do not see the condescending tones or disrespect. I cant comprehend or decipher what am writing to get a full grasp on how it was bad seriously. You have all seen how writing comes and goes. How bad it can truly get right now im in a full fledged crash.

I do not want people to feel sorry for me. I want you all to know I feel sorry if offend you. I do not know what else can do. Good news is wont be around so often got to somehow help my family through their tough time if can and hope and pray dont wind up in hospital or worse.

I truly don't have the words I RESPECT ALL OF YOU. I appreciate all of you and our shared of love and passion for this team community and family. To me is a family. Is my one outsource where can share my mind a bit which does help me so is very beneficial in this battle. I am losing this battle at times and in ways but will recover I believe:) I appreciate your views a lot more than any of you know. Or will ever realize so if sounds condescending or something as have stated I am sorry and is not intentional. Hopefully I have said enough.

As said I am gonna be gone and hope to get back and recover. Life is hard you have to take it for what its worth and do what you can I try to be a good human and care for others even when dont know well. Know I am sorry if offensive. Know dont want sympathy but understanding would be nice. Some day you might witness older relatives who go through what I am facing with the mental issue. Maybe you have them now. Is quite a bad thing to deal with honestly. Especially when you see it within your self and are truly unsure how to deal with it or when it happens till its already too late to change it so to speak.

I am sorry I do appreciate you all though and love our share of words and visions and hopes and dreams:) Is one of the major things which make me get up and fight each day to see the finish line. I want to live this dream. Hopefully I stay a semblance of self till that happens:)

It's all good. Matt and I took issue with the way a few things were phrased, but really, ironically, I wish I'd phrased my post a little bit differently too, because I think both Matt and I were just trying to point out the tone of the post to you. I think in the heat of the moment I put it in terms that were a little harsh/sarcastic (maybe not the right word), when really I just wanted to point out the effect the post had to those/some of us reading. In no way did it mean I thought you were a bad person or anything though. I think we're understanding here. This board is actually refreshingly friendly compared to other boards, and little stuff like this, I hope, doesn't change anybody's opinion of anyone else. So anyway, I regret putting it in the terms I did.

So anyway, hurry back. The debate continues. :)

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It's all good. Matt and I took issue with the way a few things were phrased, but really, ironically, I wish I'd phrased my post a little bit differently too, because I think both Matt and I were just trying to point out the tone of the post to you. I think in the heat of the moment I put it in terms that were a little harsh/sarcastic (maybe not the right word), when really I just wanted to point out the effect the post had to those/some of us reading. In no way did it mean I thought you were a bad person or anything though. I think we're understanding here. This board is actually refreshingly friendly compared to other boards, and little stuff like this, I hope, doesn't change anybody's opinion of anyone else. So anyway, I regret putting it in the terms I did.

So anyway, hurry back. The debate continues. :)

Same. Sorry if my post seemed a bit too harsh Robert. Just wasn't happy with your post and may have been a bit too reactionary. Didn't mean to offend, so I'm sorry if I did.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I dint take any offense I am super super sick. Why am away I am sure brain is really off base right now way worst than normal. I couldnt see the sarcasm or condescending tone which is frustrating to me cause I am not that way. I do as said many times appreciate everyones views and do not consider self above anyone and have shown will state when am wrong by majority vote:)

Is no hard feelings besides I am having a really tough time cant even stay awake and throwing up among even worst things. So if my brain is a bit off I ask to bear with me.

Hopefully will be back soon right now am too sick to even spend time online. I knew needed to come here probably and apologize or see what was said. I shouldnt have went off like that either but im frustrated to the max at self and not being able to see when talk wrong. I should be able to see it?

Yet think the bad diseases I have been warned of have started cause this main disease the heart thing goes in stages and im in a low point so its at its worst point. I will rebound been through a ton so know the pattern to something like this. Just didnt recognize was there till too late:( Is all new I hope you all have patience cause my speech pattern and prose is probably going to suffer also till I start recovering.

Is a stage thing though so am sure will bounce back recover hope is soon:)

Going back to sleep again hopefully tomorrow is better day.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I dint take any offense I am super super sick. Why am away I am sure brain is really off base right now way worst than normal. I couldnt see the sarcasm or condescending tone which is frustrating to me cause I am not that way. I do as said many times appreciate everyones views and do not consider self above anyone and have shown will state when am wrong by majority vote:)

Is no hard feelings besides I am having a really tough time cant even stay awake and throwing up among even worst things. So if my brain is a bit off I ask to bear with me.

Hopefully will be back soon right now am too sick to even spend time online. I knew needed to come here probably and apologize or see what was said. I shouldnt have went off like that either but im frustrated to the max at self and not being able to see when talk wrong. I should be able to see it?

Yet think the bad diseases I have been warned of have started cause this main disease the heart thing goes in stages and im in a low point so its at its worst point. I will rebound been through a ton so know the pattern to something like this. Just didnt recognize was there till too late:( Is all new I hope you all have patience cause my speech pattern and prose is probably going to suffer also till I start recovering.

Is a stage thing though so am sure will bounce back recover hope is soon:)

Going back to sleep again hopefully tomorrow is better day.

We're all pulling for you. Hurry back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad