Thu, 27 Feb 2014|Coyotes|Jets|7:00 PM|TSN-JETS||YWGinYYZ
Sat, 1 Mar 2014|Jets|Predators|2:00 PM|TSN-JETS||
Tue, 4 Mar 2014|Islanders|Jets|7:00 PM|TSN-JETS||Aavco Cup

Last edited:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Holy hannah. This is why I've never attempted doing this before. I'm pretty useless when it comes to BB stuff.

I do not have personal website (just a Tumblr blog) nor do I use a photo hosting site. I guess that's what's required for this, no?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Holy hannah. This is why I've never attempted doing this before. I'm pretty useless when it comes to BB stuff.

I do not have personal website (just a Tumblr blog) nor do I use a photo hosting site. I guess that's what's required for this, no?

imgur is a good one - simple, and pretty easy to use. Don't count out dropbox yet - just need to figure out if an image can be "embedded" via HTML, and what sharing settings would have to be setup.

In the meantime, have a look-see at imgur - from what people tell me, it's pretty simple to setup an account. I have my own servers, and use flickr for photos, so I haven't had a need to try out imgur.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
imgur is a good one - simple, and pretty easy to use. Don't count out dropbox yet - just need to figure out if an image can be "embedded" via HTML, and what sharing settings would have to be setup.

In the meantime, have a look-see at imgur - from what people tell me, it's pretty simple to setup an account. I have my own servers, and use flickr for photos, so I haven't had a need to try out imgur.
Of course you have your own servers :laugh:

Better to have minions, though.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I might be interested in another - I'll see how much effort the Pred's GDT takes. I have many ideas boiling over, but being "ham-fisted' and "over-critical combined with perfectionism" is making me obsess over this one.

I guess once the first one is done and posted I'll feel more confident.

I know it's considered gauche to not have the GDT up at midnight, but my schedule this weekend is impacting my time to work on the GDT. Is it okay to upload it during the morning of the game day?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I might be interested in another - I'll see how much effort the Pred's GDT takes. I have many ideas boiling over, but being "ham-fisted' and "over-critical combined with perfectionism" is making me obsess over this one.

I guess once the first one is done and posted I'll feel more confident.

I know it's considered gauche to not have the GDT up at midnight, but my schedule this weekend is impacting my time to work on the GDT. Is it okay to upload it during the morning of the game day?

Hey DM! Of course it's fine to post it in the morning - many people have, including myself. And don't worry too much about the obsession / perfectionism thing - I'm sure it'll be great!

So, Preds game for sure? I'll reserve it for you. :nod:

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Any suggestions for programs (free) that I can throw together GDT's on? I want to add background images to make it look more sharp, but I cant use transparent backgrounds with MS paint so there is always a white box around any image I put on a background.

Thanks in advance!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Any suggestions for programs (free) that I can throw together GDT's on? I want to add background images to make it look more sharp, but I cant use transparent backgrounds with MS paint so there is always a white box around any image I put on a background.

Thanks in advance!

Free packages:

• Gimp
  • Krita
  • Paint.net

I've used all three of these in the past when in a crunch, and they've worked quite well. :nod:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I've used gimp before.

You have a download link? I cant seem to find one :help:

For gimp? gimp.org

Google or Bing will have the links for the other two. :nod: Krita is more of a "painting" package than the other two, so I'm not sure it's really appropriate for GDT's.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
canes feb 2

Excellent! All yours - looking forward to it. :nod:

GDT's - 2013/14 Season
Date|Visitor|Home|Time*(CT)|TV/Network|Result|Claimed By
Tue, 21 Jan 2014|Jets|Ducks|9:00 PM|TSN-JETS||JCJet
Thu, 23 Jan 2014|Jets|Sharks|9:30 PM|TSN-JETS||YWGinYYZ
Sat, 25 Jan 2014|Maple Leafs|Jets|6:00 PM|CBC||maximus tacitus
Sun, 26 Jan 2014|Jets|Blackhawks|6:00 PM|TSN-JETS||YWGinYYZ
Tue, 28 Jan 2014|Predators|Jets|7:00 PM|||Darth Monty
Fri, 31 Jan 2014|Canucks|Jets|7:30 PM|TSN||YWGinYYZ
Sun, 2 Feb 2014|Jets|Canadiens|12:00 PM|CBC, RDS||gwinnettjet
Tue, 4 Feb 2014|Jets|Hurricanes|6:00 PM|TSN-JETS||Kent C Tugood
Thu, 6 Feb 2014|Jets|Capitals|6:00 PM|TSN-JETS||JCJet
Sat, 8 Feb 2014|Jets|Blues|1:00 PM|TSN-JETS||YWGinYYZ
Thu, 27 Feb 2014|Coyotes|Jets|7:00 PM|TSN-JETS||YWGinYYZ
Sat, 1 Mar 2014|Jets|Predators|2:00 PM|TSN-JETS||
Tue, 4 Mar 2014|Islanders|Jets|7:00 PM|TSN-JETS||Aavco Cup

Uh oh. gwinnettjet: you said 'canes Feb 2' - Hurricanes aren't playing the Jets until Feb 4th. Did you mean the Habs today, or the Hurricanes on Tuesday (which has been claimed by KCT)?

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Uh oh. gwinnettjet: you said 'canes Feb 2' - Hurricanes aren't playing the Jets until Feb 4th. Did you mean the Habs today, or the Hurricanes on Tuesday (which has been claimed by KCT)?

I'm going to assume there was a mix-up here - I'll post a quicky GDT shortly for the Habs.

gwinnettjet - if you actually meant Feb 2nd, I'll sort out merging the messages into your thread.

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I'm going to assume there was a mix-up here - I'll post a quicky GDT shortly for the Habs.

gwinnettjet - if you actually meant Feb 2nd, I'll sort out merging the messages into your thread.

If gwinnetjet has something for the 4th, I can defer my work until the next Hurricanes game.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Im having computer problems, I'll have to put off my GDT on Thursday for another game if that is possible.

Can anyone else take this GDT? I have some deliveries for a job we're doing that will NOT allow me to do any GDT's this week.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Can anyone else take this GDT? I have some deliveries for a job we're doing that will NOT allow me to do any GDT's this week.

If we can't find anyone else I can still probably throw a quick one together. It just won't be the one I was hoping to make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad