2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
He's producing. Not sure why you want him gone.

He's basically a combination of Lombardi and Jason Blake, two of the most frustrating players we've had the pleasure of watching in the past 5 years.

It wouldn't surprise me to see his production just stop dead in its tracks. He is extremely talented at shooting the puck into a blocking man, missing the net, or hitting the goalie right in the crest.

It's irritating because he's clearly got got a lot of skill. His skating is phenomenal and he's very shifty, but he's predictable in his 'skate down the wing, curl back, and make a terrible pass'.

Obviously a steal at 1mil but ugh... I really shouldn't be complaining :laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Leafs can get Gleason for Liles, he will be useful. Both are similar caphits but if Gleason can play to his level 2 years ago, this will go a long way in shoring up our #2 Pair.

Tough stay at home D man.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
He's basically a combination of Lombardi and Jason Blake, two of the most frustrating players we've had the pleasure of watching in the past 5 years.

It wouldn't surprise me to see his production just stop dead in its tracks. He is extremely talented at shooting the puck into a blocking man, missing the net, or hitting the goalie right in the crest.

It's irritating because he's clearly got got a lot of skill. His skating is phenomenal and he's very shifty, but he's predictable in his 'skate down the wing, curl back, and make a terrible pass'.

Obviously a steal at 1mil but ugh... I really shouldn't be complaining :laugh:

No, you really shouldn't.
We're paying him 1M, I don't see how you could possibly complain about anything. You should stop holding him up to a standard that just doesn't fit a million dollar winger.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
No, you really shouldn't.
We're paying him 1M, I don't see how you could possibly complain about anything. You should stop holding him up to a standard that just doesn't fit a million dollar winger.

He basically destroys the chemistry on any line he's put on.

I hold him to the standard of a top-six forward when he's in our top-six. $$ is irrelevant.

Like I said, he's easily worth 1mil. I just don't want him on this team because he doesn't help.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If Leafs can get Gleason for Liles, he will be useful. Both are similar caphits but if Gleason can play to his level 2 years ago, this will go a long way in shoring up our #2 Pair.

Tough stay at home D man.

He may be on the decline. Injuries are starting to accumulate. The concussion may also be a factor to consider.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
He's producing. Not sure why you want him gone.

He's an incredibly frustrating, soft player. Good puck possession and I thought he played really well against Montreal as he was the only one generating chances, but his skating really masks his other deficiencies.

Enough times this season, Raymond will carry the puck up with great speed, do a few spins and weave his way around the offensive zone; you see it thinking 'wow, this guy is good', and you think a good offensive chance is coming...only for Raymond and his low IQ to make a dumb play and shoot the puck at someone's skates, into the goalie's chest, or force a dumb pass and give it away. Oh, and of course whenever there is any semblance of physical contact or someone coming after him, he loses the puck immediately.

What sucks the most is that he's essentially being used how Kulemin should be used...Kulemin is a way better board player and more physical and he actually has a pretty good shot unlike Raymond. I'd be much happier if the two switched roles. And what sucks even more is that because of Raymond's past history with Nonis, he'll probably get re-signed at a bad price while Kulemin is let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad