Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 12 Miller and Ott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluejaysfan*

What about something starting around Kadri for Hamonic or Alzner if signing Stastny was a reality?

It would be actually nice if the Leafs actually had good center depth for once. Try Stastny with JVR and Kessel during pre season and if they have magic, relegate Bozak to the 3rd line so he can play alongside Bolland.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
It would be actually nice if the Leafs actually had good center depth for once. Try Stastny with JVR and Kessel during pre season and if they have magic, relegate Bozak to the 3rd line so he can play alongside Bolland.

Who is 2nd line C is Kadri is traded?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York

Exactly. I was thinking about Stats on the second line and keep the first intact.

It would basically be Kadri for PS + Alzner/Hamonic.

A moot point though I think. Both of them are on great mid/long term contracts.

Bluejaysfan*

No I meant keep Kadri. Ideally you would have this center situation below.

Stastny
Kadri
Bozak
McClement

Bolland relegates to a winger on the 3rd line seeing is Bozak is better on faceoffs.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

Stastny
Kadri
Bozak
McClement

Bolland relegates to a winger on the 3rd line seeing is Bozak is better on faceoffs.

4.2M for a 3rd line center? :facepalm:

i don't get the obsession with stastny lately. he sucks!

i'd rather we keep our C group the way it is... plus, i'd rather we shell out for stamkos than stastny anyday :D

mikebel111*

signing stastny when kadri could be better than him?

signing players that are not that young, but trading youngsters.

yup worked so well for us before

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
signing stastny when kadri could be better than him?

signing players that are not that young, but trading youngsters.

yup worked so well for us before

I don't like Stastny at 6.6, but cut 1.1M off that at 5.5M per, I like him a lot more. He's a prototype center that plays combined offence and defence. He can also win face-offs. There is no doubt he would improve us at Center.

Bluejaysfan*

4.2M for a 3rd line center? :facepalm:

i don't get the obsession with stastny lately. he sucks!

i'd rather we keep our C group the way it is... plus, i'd rather we shell out for stamkos than stastny anyday :D

$4.2M for a 3rd line center who plays pp, pk and is great on faceoffs. Not to mention, in case of injury, all you need to do is move him up to the first line so JVR and Kessel will not miss a beat.

Stastny is putting up respectable numbers whilst being the shutdown line for the Avs playing against the top line of other teams. If you averaged out his numbers this season over sixty games, he would have the same amount of points as JVR. As great as Bozak is, center depth is very key. Having Bozak, Kadri, Stastny, Bolland, Holland and McClement all as centers in the lineup helps immensely in case of injury.

mikebel111*

I don't like Stastny at 6.6, but cut 1.1M off that at 5.5M per, I like him a lot more. He's a prototype center that plays combined offence and defence. He can also win face-offs. There is no doubt he would improve us at Center.

Agreed here. Just not willing to halt kadri development

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
If we did sign stastny, I would rather trade bolland than bozak. Lose some grit, but it gives us a 3C who can play in the top 6. Plus I dont see bolland getting less than 3.7 either

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
are we signing Statsny because we're not convinced that Bolland will sign?

Seriously, I am hoping that Nonis can find another Gleason out there. that's what I want Gleason 2.0.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not really a fit TBH.

We don't need Wilson. We have 3 centers better then him

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
rumors that colin wilson from nashville may be available

is he a fit

who can we trade if he is

Wilson is like Filatov or Colborne. They were drafted over 5 years ago. If they haven't made it yet, chances are slim they will turn out now.

You are getting many surprises now from the 2008 draft.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Wilson is like Filatov or Colborne. They were drafted over 5 years ago. If they haven't made it yet, chances are slim they will turn out now.

You are getting many surprises now from the 2008 draft.

:huh:

You do realise Wilson has made the NHL and is a fairly productive player right?

I'd take a flyer on him myself, He's a big body with some skill.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York

Stastny
Kadri
Bozak
McClement

I didn't. My original question was the thoughts on acquiring an Alzner or Hamonic for Kadri if Statsny was signed.

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Stastny Kulemin
Raymond Bolland Clarkson
Komorov McClement Ashton

Gunnarsson Phaneuf
Gardiner Alzner/Harmonic
Rielly Gleason

Way stronger lineup than we have now.

BTW I know that NYI are in need of D. I'm just using Harmonic as an example.

Last edited:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

Stastny
Kadri
Bozak
McClement

That's pretty much exactly what I would want to see. Would move Lupul if needed to make the capspace work (also because we need to get strong defensively in the top 6). The group overall would be a lot stronger defensively than it is right now.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
That's pretty much exactly what I would want to see. Would move Lupul if needed to make the capspace work (also because we need to get strong defensively in the top 6). The group overall would be a lot stronger defensively than it is right now.

It's absolutely ridiculous. Move our strongest pure C to the wing? One of them would have to be shipped out. I don't like Bozak on the third line. I think that he's either with JVR and Kessel or not playing here at all.

If you can improve defensively at C and not lose any offense while improving drastically on the back end, why wouldn't you do it?

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
are we signing Statsny because we're not convinced that Bolland will sign?

Seriously, I am hoping that Nonis can find another Gleason out there. that's what I want Gleason 2.0.

I wouldn't mind a C in the top 9 that can win a faceoff

Move bolland and/or Kadri to wing
Then have the final year ofkadri"s contract to figure what to do with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad