Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals (including Leafs Props)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Can... Can we get some news?

I'm a fairly patient guy but... I want some Leaf news. Even the rookie tournament lineup got me all excited. I need my fix, Dave Nonis.

Where's Dreger when you need his rumors.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Can... Can we get some news?

I'm a fairly patient guy but... I want some Leaf news. Even the rookie tournament lineup got me all excited. I need my fix, Dave Nonis.

Where's Dreger when you need his rumors.

Playing Huey Lewis, setting up the plastic tarps, and sharpening the axe.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
I hope I can go see the canada team practice on sunday.. if its open to public I will hopefully have some insight on how phanuef looked.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Thank god prospect tourny is coming soon. On the verge of going insane with no hockey. Off-seasons feel even longer when your team actually makes it to the playoffs

jughead42*

39 days....**** THE WAIT SUCKS>

By late August I'm so desperate for hockey I'll watch some womens college championship game from a decade ago on one of the classic sports channels just to get my fix.

Yeah, we've got limited cap space for Kadri and Franson, but somebody is going to be playing in Clark MacArthur's vacated wing position and using a bit of cap space to do it, I wonder if somebody like Morrow who is still out there and in the twilight of his career would take a miniscule cap hit contract to have a chance to play for the Leafs and maybe have another shot at a cup. We could conjure up a wink wink nudge nudge deal that gives him a job as an assistant with the marlies, or as a scout, or hot dog vendor once he retires in a year or two. If he fancies himself a TV guy, it probably doesn't hurt that TSN and CTV own the club. I think our situation here in Toronto is a lot more attractive for a lot of reasons than it ever was in days past, we have only scratched the surface of this potential.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
IMO, Morrow isn't a good fit, this position can be filled from within, although Morrow does bring a ton of veteran leadership, he's past the twilight of his career.

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
I hope I can go see the canada team practice on sunday.. if its open to public I will hopefully have some insight on how phanuef looked.

Pretty sure that from what I read the players are not skating at this camp. Checking the ice bookings for Sunday at the Markin MacPhail Centre in Calgary does not show that any of the rinks are booked by the Olympic program.

Morlesio14*

phanuef + ?? for a RD, mabye eric johnson from colorado. we'll have to add substantially but that 1st pairing could be filled by gunnar, gardiner mabye even ranger this year and rielly in 2 or 3

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Johnson would be sick, but not at the expense of Phaneuf. The idea of getting Johnson would be to put him with Dion, and have a strong top pairing.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Johnson would be sick, but not at the expense of Phaneuf. The idea of getting Johnson would be to put him with Dion, and have a strong top pairing.

Exactly. Plus there isn't a chance in **** that the Avs more EJ. Their defense is in worst shape then ours, and ours isn't very good.

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
phanuef + ?? for a RD, mabye eric johnson from colorado. we'll have to add substantially but that 1st pairing could be filled by gunnar, gardiner mabye even ranger this year and rielly in 2 or 3

According to the advanced stat gurus Phaneuf played the toughest minutes of any NHL defenseman last season and I think he did a damn good job of it. If we don't resign him to 6-7 mil/season, someone else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad