2013-14 Avatars

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Will it be the last season at NVMC is the question. I'm thinking of a few ides. Maybe a Billy Joel theme " say goodbye to Hollywood errrr Long Island". Maybe we can use pictures of long Island monuments or anyone famous people born in long Island. We could also use Rodney with the "no respect? approach as well. A animated gif with John Tavares saying "people say I'm marginally talented" and then Rodney pics with "we get no respect"

Thoughts or ideas are welcomed.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Something I did real quick..

m9v.gif

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Long Island monuments? What like NCMC and the Jones Beach Tower? Skip it.

The Rodney idea might be fun as I'm a big fan, but I think they are actually getting respect now. Plus, you'd have to think of a tag line for every player featured in an avatar. Might be a lot of work....

Maybe something about "meaning business" or "coming of age"? Not those words exactly, but something a lot more succinct and catchy?

SouthShore91

Jan 19, 2012
Bay Shore, NY
I like the Billy Joel idea. And personally I'd go with lyrics from "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" cause I think it sort of resonates with Islanders fans.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Will it be the last season at NVMC is the question. I'm thinking of a few ides. Maybe a Billy Joel theme " say goodbye to Hollywood errrr Long Island". Maybe we can use pictures of long Island monuments or anyone famous people born in long Island. We could also use Rodney with the "no respect? approach as well. A animated gif with John Tavares saying "people say I'm marginally talented" and then Rodney pics with "we get no respect"

I hope its not the last season at NVMC.
If it is i hope they let fans know as early as possible

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I've been thinking about this lately, too. The Billy Joel thing could work... let me see if I can come up with some more ideas, too...

25yearfan

Aug 5, 2006

Totally UNrelated to NYI, but related to Lawnguyland (and what the outside world knows of us from the boob tube. How about a bunch of different / theatrical ways for LI Medium to meet a grisly end?

Launched into space strapped to rocket (jabbering non-stop all the way out of atmosphere when, mercifully, she runs out of oxygen)

Getting the Quint treatment in Jaws

Superimposed on body of Wile E. Coyote as he runs off cliff....

I'm melting, meeeelllltttiiing....

"Does someone in the room have the sense that a loved one may be in danger?" (Confusion on her face as she sees it's her husband raising hand -- half a second before piano falls from the sky on her)

Hmm, maybe it could come back to NYI after all

One thing about Long Island
[Medium meets maker]
We don't do MEDIUM

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I see all the PS wizards are in on this party... DarkHorse, MattMartin, And You Feel Shame. I'm sure we'll come up with something great for the upcoming season.

I'm not changing my avatar though, my ladies are my signature. ;)

If you guys can come up with something really good, MAYBE I'll use it. It's gotta be something awesome though for that to happen. The pressure is on guys.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I see all the PS wizards are in on this party... DarkHorse, MattMartin, And You Feel Shame. I'm sure we'll come up with something great for the upcoming season.

If you guys can come up with something really good, MAYBE I'll use it. It's gotta be something awesome though for that to happen. The pressure is on guys.

Maybe the artist chosen for this endeavor can incorporate one of your lovely Korean sweethearts into it?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Something I was playing with.
5u0c.jpg

Nice job! With all due respect to you and your work when I first saw it I saw 9 11. I would take out the barrier between 91 and Tavares. Again it is really nice. Put it on a t shirt and sell it in the parking lot at games .

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

No offense PW but i'm so tired of seeing that girl, lol. She's in every dang coffee commercial, beer commercial, cell phone commercial, and any other types of commercials you can think of.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
No offense PW but i'm so tired of seeing that girl, lol. She's in every dang coffee commercial, beer commercial, cell phone commercial, and any other types of commercials you can think of.

Haha, are you hinting that I change it? New season so I'll find a new one that's a little more obscure.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I like the Isles sites theme for 'A Shift in Power' as we look to become a contender and make the playoffs again.

yeah i just noticed that yesterday when i went on the website. i kinda liked "orange and blue + you". the website design was really cool too with only highlighting the blue, white and orange, and having "paint spashes"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad