WJC: 2012 WJC Discussion Thread

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Will Zegmus Girgensons suit up for Latvia? And aside from him are there any Latvians to keep an eye on?

He should be 100% there baring an injury or something. F Kristian Pelss, a 2010 7th round pick of the Oilers, D Nikita Kolesnikovs currently playing in the Q and last but not least Rihards Bukarts, a late 95 (actually missed being a 96 just by one day), who has been impressing in the MHL should be some of the fun players to watch on the Latvian team.

Fulcrum

I hope Russia beats Sweden and secures the Semi-finals. Last 2 round-robing meetings Sweden left no chances for Russia. Time to return the favor. :)

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
He should be 100% there baring an injury or something. F Kristian Pelss, a 2010 7th round pick of the Oilers, D Nikita Kolesnikovs currently playing in the Q and last but not least Rihards Bukarts, a late 95 (actually missed being a 96 just by one day), who has been impressing in the MHL should be some of the fun players to watch on the Latvian team.

Is Bukarts that goalie Latvian fans have been on and on about?

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
I hope Russia beats Sweden and secures the Semi-finals. Last 2 round-robing meetings Sweden left no chances for Russia. Time to return the favor. :)

Why? Let Sweden win the group and play them in the semis instead, much easier to beat them in games that really count unfortunately:cry:

Rally Donkey

Aug 13, 2009
Chatham, Ont
It´s pretty incredible how fast it´s possible to fall in love with this tournament. A few years back I didn´t even know it existed and now I can´t imagine my Christmas without it. :)

EDIT: Would it be possible to also post the CET times for the games for us poor European folks?

CET = 8 hours ahead of Edmonton (MST)

12:30 PM in Edmonton/Calgary = 8:30 PM Bratislava (CET)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad