WC: 2012 WHC: Songs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Its a great anthem. NIghtwish maincomposer Toumas also wrote a special song dedicated to WC. I think its called "Horrible heavy metal song dedicated to the finnish national team" But i could be really wrong, my finnish is awful :laugh:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
jesus, I still have nightmares from last year's song. That thing was played every other stoppage of play.

"Slovenskoooo, slovenskoooo, heijjaa heijjaa ho"? :D

Nygårds Leijona anthem is clearly best so far. And Im pretty much into rock and metal.. but those earlier songs just are horrible.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I don't like the new Fintelligens material but this old is good:

This suits quite well for both host cities...Stockholm and Helsinki

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
I like the song...definately different to the previous songs in the Worlds.

Though Planet Hell (-> Hellsinki) would have worked better :D they are amazing live :yo:

they dont have the balls to go with something that awesome

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Anyone who knows whats the titel of the instrumental song that are played pretty often, has a sick base in that just blows my mind.. think its a remix of an old song. Hope someone knows what im talking about :D

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
^^ Might be this, it's played at least a lot in Team Finland's games...a remix of a classic Finnish oldie:

It's a quite "Banger" ...I like it

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
And the Hartwall Areena DJ looks like this :naughty:

1396579.jpg

Latex*

I don't like the new Fintelligens material but this old is good:

This suits quite well for both host cities...Stockholm and Helsinki

Gosh these Fintelligens songs bring back some memories.

That's a ****ing classic^^

Feels like I'm in elementary school again :heart: So throwback.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Btw Getzlaf, Perry and the boys were at Circus club at Fintelligens gig when the so called argument happend in the cloakroom :D

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
The guy who can tell me exactly what song is playing here http://watch.tsn.ca/international-hockey/#clip677161 (Time 21:13 - 21:19) is my god!
I already posted it above, post #39:

Los Tontos - Säkkijärven Polca ...though the youtube version seems to be having little bit more BPM (beats per minute) than the one played in arena.

Here is the DJs facebook page where also other song names can be found.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jokerit-DeeJay/282753161787251

main121323.jpg

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
"Slovenskoooo, slovenskoooo, heijjaa heijjaa ho"? :D

Nygårds Leijona anthem is clearly best so far. And Im pretty much into rock and metal.. but those earlier songs just are horrible.

this one was very annoying but it was not official song of the tournament. That was called Life is a game, singing by some girl, don't know the name.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
And some goal songs by country and IIHF site comments about it...can somebody post Swedish side's?

Canada: Blur - Song 2
IIHF: Woohoooo! Wooohoooo! I’m fairly sure the song also says something about a Zamboni. If I’m hearing it right, they sing, “I got a hip check / buy a Zamboni”. Can it get any more Canadian than that?

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Finland: Teräsbetoni - Taivas lyö tulta
IIHF: Well, if Finland is famous for anything besides great hockey, it’s engineering (and Angry Birds). And what’s the one thing that you need for advanced engineering? That’s right, reinforced concrete, which is what the name of the band means. Besides, four shirtless dudes in too tight pants yelling at the top of their lungs? That’s called "Thursday night" in Finland.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad