WC: 2012 WHC: Songs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
France: Zombie nation - Kernkraft 400
IIHF: No, no, the name of the DJ is not a comment on the team. Say whatever you want about the French defence, but Baptiste Amar & Co are no zombies. While Finns go for the reinforced heavy metal bands, France likes to keep things a little lighter. When they score, they celebrate it like they were in la discothèque. Oui, oui.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Kazakhstan: Kiss - Heaven’s on fire
IIHF: KAZ and Kiss just go together so well. You hear Kiss, you think of KAZ. Kiss, KAZ, Kiss, KAZ. Straightforward. Also, the lead singer of Kiss is Paul Stanley so there's a hockey connection. Stanley Cup, anyone?

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Slovakia: Nech Bože dá
IIHF: This is the official Slovak hockey song so it was an obvious choice for them. There are three verses, one for each period, obviously. I smile every time I hear the line, “Someone roars, Milan scores!’” (Or something along those lines, I AM relying on Google Translate here).

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Switzerland: Avicii - Levels
IIHF: What do you get when you score a goal? A good feeling, that’s what. And that’s 100% guaranteed what you’ll be humming to yourself for days after Switzerland scores. Which is why Avicii’s song is their goal song. (Also to lull the opponent into thinking that they, too, have a good feeling).

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
USA: The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
IIHF: Ba-da-da-dum, ba-da-dum, ba-da-da-da-dum, ba-da-da-dum, ba-da-dum, ba-da-da-da-dum, ba-da-da-dum, ba-da-dum, ba-da-da-da-dum, ba-da-da-dum, ba-da-dum, ba-da-da-da-dum, ba-da-da-dum, ba-da-dum, ba-da-da-da-dum, ba-da-da-dum, ba-da-dum, ba-da-da-da-dum. If it’s good enough to be the goal song for Glasgow’s Celtic Football Club, Edinburgh’s Hibernian Club, a few football clubs in Belgium and Australia, the Baltimore Orioles, the Tampa Bay Rays, the Chicago Blackhawks, and the Washington Capitals, it’s good enough for Team USA. (And if Mats Sundin was humming that after his last NHL game, knowing he’d retire right afterwards, you know it’s a powerful tune).

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Song 2 by Blur takes me back to the past when I was playing FIFA 98 :yo:

Chelsea Dagger is just great song. But the clip makes it twice as good.

Last edited:

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki
:handclap:
Great work Finnpin. Love those reasonings for the songs. :laugh:

France should have got some daft punk or smooth funk there.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I can't find video for this:

Belarus: Kasiu Yas kanyushynu
IIHF: All songs by the prolific composer “Trad†are popular at hockey arenas, and Belarus is no exception. And the message is powerful. It keeps players grounded, and emphasizes the importance of team effort.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
i just noticed they are playing Moves Like Jagger at RUS-ITA game. It makes no sense they didn't give to the Czech team as their goal song :laugh:

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
i just noticed they are playing Moves Like Jagger at RUS-ITA game. It makes no sense they didn't give to the Czech team as their goal song :laugh:

It seems that teams in Stockholm don't have their own goal song. I noticed this when I watched back to back games from Finland and Sweden. Teams in Hartwall arena have their own goal songs and teams in Globen have this "song".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbuvKYKI54

But on the other hand, Moves like Jagger would be a great goal song for us :D..
I especially liked our goal song at 2010 WC in Germany: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0fjMfzhRNg
It's probably because I liked like everything what happen at that WCs :D :)

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
As a Finn, I've been little bit annoyed for a while of some of the tracks that are been played at the arena and I found the reason why. Apparently Hartwall Arena's owner's, Harry Harkimo's god child, some little girl is picking the tracks... That song that is played every time Finland scores is awful, Teräsbetoni – Taivas lyö tulta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BhAN95VtaA.

Finland's goal scoring track should be Poju - Poika saunoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAyXzC7iKPA.

Anways, she's the one responsible (there's the tracklist also for almost all the songs that are played if someone is wondering what the tracks are):
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/mmjaakie...-helsingin-areenalla---katso-koko-soittolista

That's what you get when an amateur is on the job. I blame her for killing the mood, which resulted in 0-5 vs USA and as a loss to Canada ;). All her fault obviously.

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
France: Zombie nation - Kernkraft 400
IIHF: No, no, the name of the DJ is not a comment on the team. Say whatever you want about the French defence, but Baptiste Amar & Co are no zombies. While Finns go for the reinforced heavy metal bands, France likes to keep things a little lighter. When they score, they celebrate it like they were in la discothèque. Oui, oui.

Looks like the same song is played for Russia.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
As a Finn, I've been little bit annoyed for a while of some of the tracks that are been played at the arena and I found the reason why. Apparently Hartwall Arena's owner's, Harry Harkimo's god child, some little girl is picking the tracks... That song that is played every time Finland scores is awful, Teräsbetoni – Taivas lyö tulta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BhAN95VtaA.

Finland's goal scoring track should be Poju - Poika saunoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAyXzC7iKPA.

Anways, she's the one responsible (there's the tracklist also for almost all the songs that are played if someone is wondering what the tracks are):
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/mmjaakie...-helsingin-areenalla---katso-koko-soittolista

That's what you get when an amateur is on the job. I blame her for killing the mood, which resulted in 0-5 vs USA and as a loss to Canada ;). All her fault obviously.

Amanda Harkimo's not exactly "a little girl": http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=122342&itemId=52193

The Hutch

May 1, 2010
New Westminster, BC
And some goal songs by country and IIHF site comments about it...can somebody post Swedish side's?

Canada: Blur - Song 2
IIHF: Woohoooo! Wooohoooo! I’m fairly sure the song also says something about a Zamboni. If I’m hearing it right, they sing, “I got a hip check / buy a Zamboniâ€. Can it get any more Canadian than that?

"I got my head checked/ by a jumbo jet" ;)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ok I exaggerated (on purpose;)). She's cute, but her taste in music still sucks. Teräsbetoni should be put away completely.

Oh and she doesn't seem to have her father's nose :laugh:.

It's not her taste, she said she picked songs from the respective countries music charts for most popular songs.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It's not her taste, she said she picked songs from the respective countries music charts for most popular songs.

She plays the same tracks every time like a robot. Little bit annoying. In the 2nd USA game I started thinking the Finnish players will start getting flashbacks of that 0-5 after that first track was the same etc. Luckily it didn't happen :).

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Songs at the Hartwall Areena during World Champs:

2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone
2 Unlimited - Get Ready for This
AC/DC - Back In Black
AC/DC - Rock and Roll Train
AC/DC - Hells Bells
AC/DC - Highway to hell
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Avicii - Levels
Beastie Boys - Don't play no game that I can't win
Backyard Babies - Minuscelsius
Crowd Chant
Chubby Checker - Let's twist again
Chuckie Feat. Gregor Salto - What Happens in Vegas
David Guetta - Turn me on
David Guetta feat. Sia - Titanium
Danzel - Put Your Hands Up in the Air
DJ Slow feat. Splurt - Hockey Bird (In the Zone)
DJ Miller - London Club
Dropkick Murphys - Shipping Up To Boston
Eminem - Without me (remix)
Finnish Hockey Mafia feat. Uniikki & Oku - Sinivalkost
Finnish Hockey Mafia feat. Antero Mertaranta - Taivas Varjele (Remix)
Frans Ferdinand - Take me out
Flo Rida - C'mon (remix)
Flo Rida - Right Round
Flo Rida - Wild Ones
Gotye - Somebody that I used to know (remix)
Guns' n' Roses - Paradise City
Guns' n' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
Gym Class Heroes - Ass Back Home
James Brown - I Feel Good
JVG feat. Freeman - Karjala takaisin
Joan Jett - I Love Rock n' Roll
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
Jääkone - Nauravat Nakit
Karelian Division - Suomi
Kernkraft 3000 - Zombie Nation
Kevin Rudolf - Let it Rock

Last edited: