WC: 2012 WC Predictions

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Playoff rounds will all be played in Finland so you can't really call it home soil for Sweden

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
The quarterfinals are played within the groups (like 2008) and they are played in two countries.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I'm glad we have Italy in the group. I can't even remember when I saw some exotic team playing. Speaking about the predictions, this is a bold one but still - I think some team from top 6 is going to win this:sarcasm:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'd like for Canada to win gold here, get some redemption from the junior tournament.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I'll predict, like most years, the majority of American players that are asked to play will say no, they'll throw together a ragtag group and show uninspired results. :rant:

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
I'll predict, like most years, the majority of American players that are asked to play will say no, they'll throw together a ragtag group and show uninspired results. :rant:

Thats a shame really. Good USA team would be cool to see and make some good games. Instead of those lesser tier players who you know what to expect. I wonder if more players were interested if they knew USA would be a contender?

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thats a shame really. Good USA team would be cool to see and make some good games. Instead of those lesser tier players who you know what to expect. I wonder if more players were interested if they knew USA would be a contender?

Yup. Our WC team will be Jack Johnson and a collection of slugs that will be lucky to make the medal round. Everyone else will either be hurt or fake injury so they can play but save face in front of the USA brass. This is disappointing, because I expect competition to make the 2014 team in Sochi to be tough, especially on defense. And you'd think guys like Buff, Gilbert, Bogosian, Erik Johnson, Yandle.,.i.e. D-men who probably won't make the playoffs would want to impress the USA brass by playing in the Worlds. But they won't.

Maybe Moulson and Gilroy will play. :)

Grabovski

Aug 12, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
RJ Umberger will play most likely play for USA this year. Last year he wanted to but he had to go back to College to finish his diploma in some course lol...

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Too difficult to make any accurate predictions right now as we don't know who will be available.

If I had to guess I would say Russia because they usually have a lot of their best players commit. Even though that didn't help the last couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad