OT: 2012 Redskins Thread IV (Playoffs?!?! Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

RGIII-Romo-Ing-e1356877589836.jpg

on another note, 7 coaches fired today

Last edited:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Posting this because of the Shanahan connection, but mainly because its funny:

Deadspin‏@Deadspin

Maurice Clarett's girlfriend is wanted by police for allegedly beating up Maurice Clarett: http://deadsp.in/ak8gYrX

Talk about a fall from grace. :laugh:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
T. Boone Pickens‏@boonepickens

I'm all about #OKState. Cowboy basketball tonight, Cowboy football tomorrow. I’m counting on scratching a winners ass on Tuesday. Go Pokes!

Hey I did that this morning when I woke up! :nod:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
CSN-Washington‏@csnwashington

Alfred Morris finished 2012 with 313 rushing yards against the Cowboys (most by any player ever in 1 season against Dallas)

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
CSN-Washington‏@csnwashington

#Redskins are 1st #4 seed to enter playoffs on 7-game winning streak since 2000 #Ravens (who went on to win Super Bowl)

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It doesn't say "Rookie of the Year," just "Rookie Year." Guess if you just want to commemorate the season?

Yeah it clearly says simply "Rookie Year". Only explanation I have for my error is beer goggles. When I posted that at 9:55pm I had downed 6 Bud Bottles and a shot or 2 of Yager. Made a drinking game out of Candy Land. :laugh:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I seem to remember when we were 3-6 someone getting heckled for talking playoffs. There must be some crow that needs to be served up in this thread.

I am stunned we are +3 at home. If we can get that mobility and confidence limiting knee brace removed from 3s knee, I look for that number to drop. Load up while you can.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I was one of those heckling. I didn't think this team could win 7 games in a row. I don't think many of those who remained silent did, either. But I will gladly eat crow if it means the Redskins are doing well.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I seem to remember when we were 3-6 someone getting heckled for talking playoffs. There must be some crow that needs to be served up in this thread.

I'll step up and eat my crow. No way in hell did I think they were going to go 7-0, or even 6-1 for that matter.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
i called them winning out after the eagles victory following the bye week :D

but i predict a skins superbowl every year so take it for what its worth lol

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
Better run, 2007-08 winning 11 of 12 games to get SE title or Redskins winning last 7 for NFCE Title?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I am stunned we are +3 at home. If we can get that mobility and confidence limiting knee brace removed from 3s knee, I look for that number to drop. Load up while you can.

You want to serve crow, go back to preseason predictions....

Pretty sure you weren't claiming the NFC East title back then. ;)

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Better run, 2007-08 winning 11 of 12 games to get SE title or Redskins winning last 7 for NFCE Title?

I wouldn't limit the Caps turn around that season to just the last 12 games. They were the worst team in the league at Thanksgiving and turned it around and won the division. As bad as the 'Skins were they were never the worst team in the league.

That being said it is harder IMO to win 7 in a row in the NFL than win 11 of 12 in the NHL...

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I wouldn't limit the Caps turn around that season to just the last 12 games. They were the worst team in the league at Thanksgiving and turned it around and won the division. As bad as the 'Skins were they were never the worst team in the league.

That being said it is harder IMO to win 7 in a row in the NFL than win 11 of 12 in the NHL...

Indeed it is. 7 games is 43% of the season. Much different than 11 of 12.

Skins are playing over their heads, which is tremendous. This is a franchise that has done the opposite of that with regularity since the mid 90's (save the 3 Gibbs II years).

I am thrilled with their development, but do not see it as the ensured "turn around"...yet. Teams rise and fall betwen 6-10 and 10-6 with ease, its the next step that is much harder.

If they can sustain this and add to it in the coming seasons, then I will be a full believer. We also *need* to hold onto Cousins, as we may be tempted to trade him for an immediate gratification (1st rounder?) in the next coming draft or 2, but I think that would be foolish. While I absolutely love RG3, he is slight enough that injuries will always be a larger concern for him than most NFL QB's, and most NFL QB's dont make it through 16 games as it is. Skins need to add to their roster in a lot of places, but the team is playing together as a unit, and that is from RG3's leadership. That intangible benefit can not be measured for the future.

All that said, its been a fantastic season.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I'm with Kornhole..there should be NO WAY we are a +3. Just goes to show what the betting public really knows.

Seattle is 3-5 on the road and mightily struggles on real grass. Wilson and Lynch both have their numbers dip dramatically (9TD-8INT and over 5 ypc to about 4 ypc).

They haven't won a road playoff game in 30 years. They haven't won in Washington since the 90s.

Last year, while its true both teams were different and had different QBs, I believe we beat them in Seattle...Grossman and Helu vs Tavares Jackson and Lynch. Seems to me there are alot of familiar names on their roster from that game:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/first-quarter-redskins-take-rare-early-lead-7-0/2011/11/27/gIQAVWRb2N_blog.html

Guys like Mike and Mike just go by the "wow" factor and what have you done for me lately. Seattle crushed a couple cruddy teams and the media drools over them.

Last week vs St Louis they gave up 6 sacks and recorded 0..

It will be an interesting game but I am a bit surprised that most people aren't weighing in the home field advantage as much as I believe they should. Seattle, from the dawn of time (I am a Raiders fan too and followed them back in the early 80s) has been great at home and bad on the road. 2 of their 3 road wins this year were vs Arizona in free fall mode and Buffalo at in Toronto.

Also its not like the skins are playing the Steelers or Cowboys where there would be a good representation of their fans buying up seats in Fed Ex. Hawks fans have to travel across country and I doubt there are too many here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad