2012 Rangers vs. 2014 Rangers: Which team did you like better?

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
Never felt like the 2012 team could go all the way. It was a fun season and I loved the fact that we had a coach who made players accountable.

But, in the end, we were a One-Trick-Pony, and the rest of the league (especially the devils) figured it out eventually. Also, it was just not fun hockey to watch. I had "blocked shot fatigue" by February.

2014 team was a whole lot more fun to watch and by March I felt they could ptentially go all the way. (hence the "win Now" moniker). MSL was a turning point.

Last edited:

NYRangerFan*

Never felt like the 2012 team could go all the way. It was a fun season and I loved the fact that we had a coach who made players accountable.

But, in the end, we were a One-Trick-Pony, and the rest of the league (especially the devils) figured it out eventually. Also, it was just not fun hockey to watch. I had "blocked shot fatigue" by February.

2014 team was a whole lot more fun to watch and by March I felt they could ptentially go all the way. (hence the "win Now" moniker). MSL was a turning point.

I felt that the 2012 team could have went all the way, especially when they tied that game and went to OT with NJ. They lost that game because of a scrum in front of the net. If we won, i think we would have won game 7 and reached the cup.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Clowe was still a useful player to San Jose in 2012 and that's before the concussions. Sharks would've asked for Kreider, Erixon, etc. something much higher than the picks the Rangers gave up which was still a steep price.

NYRangerFan*

Maybe, wouldn't have hurt to ask. I'm just saying that he added players the wrong year

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

The 2012 team struggled because we did not have a proper 4th line. We had forwards playing 20+ minutes. The big difference with the Devils in the conference finals was, that they did have a solid 4th line which, in the end, gave them the edge.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
The 2012 team struggled because we did not have a proper 4th line. We had forwards playing 20+ minutes. The big difference with the Devils in the conference finals was, that they did have a solid 4th line which, in the end, gave them the edge.

Not to mention they were willing to play all six of their defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad