2012 Pens/Flyers best playoff series post lockout.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
-The irony of this thread

-Wayne Gretzky is the greatest, most gifted, most fun to watch player of all time because he scored the most points in the highest scoring era in NHL history

-Philly-Pens series is boring because its high scoring and high fighting replicating the 80's

-LOL at hypocrites. Just say you want the Pens to lose aka you hate the Pens and be done with it instead of changing your tune.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
2012 pens/flyers was a good example of both coaches just losing control of their teams. It was entertaining but at same time was also a circus.

My personal favorite post lockout series was Kings/Blackhawks 2014

Reactions: Rorschach

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
2012 pens/flyers was a good example of both coaches just losing control of their teams. It was entertaining but at same time was also a circus.

My personal favorite post lockout series was Kings/Blackhawks 2014

I think it was Bylsma losing control and Laviolette not really minding. Laviolette is an angry lunatic so I think everything that happened there was essentially fine with him. Miss him badly.

Reactions: Appleyard

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
I’ve never seen a goalie so mentally shook as Fleury that series. He was letting in softy and softy, some seconds into the game. Bryz might have had one of the worst series winning performances ever.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
best sports ive seen in my life hands down
up there playoff hockey with
2004 final
2006 final
2009 final
2011 final

just off the top

Reactions: Jtown

TheMalkinEra

May 1, 2017
Do people understand that NHL is in the entertainment business. And for the most part the Stanley cup finals since lockout have been boring snooze fest. The penguins have been in 4 finals and I'm glad they won but those 4 series have been dull to watch.

This is most amazing about things about the Penguins 25 Stanley cup finals games. Only 2 of those games did both teams score 3 goals in a game. 23 times the losing to 2 goals or less.

Just look at the 2 final between the Pens/Red wings there were an average of 4.5 goals in game featuring 2 teams loaded with offensive talent and 2 good but not great goalies.Between those 2 finals the Pens/Wings met in crazy 7-6 regular season game Jordan Staal scored hat trick in 3rd as the Pens came back from 3 goals in 3rd to win in overtime. That regular season game was more fun to watch then 13 finals matchup between both teams.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
That 2012 Pens/Flyers series was a f***ing embarrassment.

From Briere's clearly offside goal being allowed in game 1, to everything else that would follow. It was just a gong show through and through.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Both teams (Flyers and Pens) should have been embarrassed for that series in 2012. I'm sure mutual haters of each franchise probably loved seeing their rivals meltdown on the ice night after night, but real fans if hockey should just cringe.

But it's the playoffs, and one team does have to move on.... but it doesn't negate that they fully participated in a joke of a series. Bragging about winning that series in 2012 is like bragging about winning a **** eating contest. At the end of it, you're only just full of ***.

Reactions: daveskirtun

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
sabres senators had a similar series a little ways back where both teams scored touchdowns every game. probably not as goony tho. I remember listening to the one game in the pens/flyers series where there was a brawl every 2 seconds. Crazy car ride

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Both teams (Flyers and Pens) should have been embarrassed for that series in 2012. I'm sure mutual haters of each franchise probably loved seeing their rivals meltdown on the ice night after night, but real fans if hockey should just cringe.

But it's the playoffs, and one team does have to move on.... but it doesn't negate that they fully participated in a joke of a series. Bragging about winning that series in 2012 is like bragging about winning a **** eating contest. At the end of it, you're only just full of ***.
Odd way of coping with the results

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
as a flyes fan that 2012 series was the most fun i've ever had watching sports. There was so much drama, down 3 goals and come back to win in overtime. Down 2 goals come back to win in game 2. Game 3 Pens start going crazy fireworks explodes win . Game 4-5 pens win and look goood doing so. If we lose game 6 it would be an epic collapse to a memorable sereis. Game 6 Giroux sets the tone on the first shift, blows up crosby then wrists a beauty off the post and In fora 1-0 lead and with that statement shift the flyers win the series.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
2014 kings hawks, costed me about 1000 in booze. It was the only way to stay sane throughout that series. So very good, should have been the cup final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad