2012 Entry Draft--where?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Did the NHL announce where it willbe held yet? I don't think i've heard Bettman say anything on the location team host yet...

Isn't it the 50th anniversary of the draft? Should be a special "event" in a special place --has to be one of the "orignal six" I would expect.

I know TOR and CHI wanted to hold a draft -but I'd say with it being the 50th anniversary draft it probably goes to the BIG APPLE.

Anyone got any further info?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Only teams never to host a draft or ASG: Anaheim & Phoenix.

Seeing as how the second one's future is up in the air, there remains one team out there that really deserves an NHL event. And Ducks management makes that clear to the NHL every year as they make a bid EVERY YEAR. Plus there was this tweet by the same guy who broke a Ducks signing early that he "heard" that the draft was going to be in Anaheim. HE later deleted the tweet.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Only teams never to host a draft or ASG: Anaheim & Phoenix.

Seeing as how the second one's future is up in the air, there remains one team out there that really deserves an NHL event. And Ducks management makes that clear to the NHL every year as they make a bid EVERY YEAR. Plus there was this tweet by the same guy who broke a Ducks signing early that he "heard" that the draft was going to be in Anaheim. HE later deleted the tweet.

It was in LA a year ago, so I'm not sure that they're going to go back there so quickly.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
MSG is going to be in pieces again next summer so count them out. I wonder why Prudential (Devils) didn't get it yet?

They were probably waiting for hotels around the arena to be built. The NBA did have their Draft at Prudential Center this year; I thought I heard that the NBA Draft would be returning to The Theater at MSG next year.

I suppose I would be a little surprised if the Devils hosted one until we forfeit the first rounder for the Kovalchuk contract. Would be a little anticlimactic for the host not to have a first rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad