2012 Draft Watch Part 2

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
I officially want Jordan Staal and will be disappointed if we don't get him. So years from now, when we haven't drafted Staal and we are very successful with somebody else, you can all feel free to bring this post up and make me eat crow.

Funny quote from the past.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com...ures&x_pagespec=20120620&x_SEID=30&x_SEType=1

They have Trouba at 6, Teravainen at 7, Girgensons at 13 and Grigorenko at 14

11. Washington Capitals (via Colorado):
Radek Faksa, C, Kitchener (OHL)
This would be an ideal fit for Washington, as they're still searching for a long-term answer at second-line center behind Nicklas Backstrom. Faksa's size and North American game could place him on the fast track to D.C.

16. Washington Capitals:
Olli Maatta, D, London (OHL)
If Maatta is available at No. 16 (the Caps may choose to select him at No. 11), he is likely headed to Washington because of the organization's familiarity with the London Knights (former coach Dale Hunter owns the team).

Top 10 Draft Cliches: http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/47712-Draft-cliches.html

Halpysback*

If we get Faksa and Maata and Grigorienko is not on the board I'm the happiest person watching the draft

If we get Faksa and Maata and Grigorienko was on the board my entire weekend goes to ****

Columbus would be extremely stupid to pass on Galchenyuk or Forsberg for Murray.

Also Wilson at 8? lolwut?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I wouldn't mind if they took Faksa over Grigorenko tbh.

Netting both Faksa and Maata would be awesome.

Halpysback*

Fans of teams outside the top 10 passing over Grigorienko are gonna feel like Canucks and Sens fans looking back at the 2005 draft do.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
I don't get all the gnashing (not that it's not tongue in cheek but still) over the 08 draft. The mistake there wasn't passing over Eberle, it was passing over Carlson. You take Eberle, and who says Carlson is there to be taken with that next pick? That was a fragile set of lucky breaks that got them Carlson, no point in wishing it had gone another way unless you're talking about taking someone that was picked later in the 1st/2nd. AnGus busting is secondary to all that.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Didn't even get to the section of the 2008 draft where the Caps picked yet, but found this prediction especially humorous.

2 top pairing (Doughty, Bogosian), 1 solid #4 (Schenn), 1 bust (Pietrangelo)

There were also multiple predictions that Filatov would have been a 20-30 goal scorer for the Caps right away if they had moved up to get him.

Just goes to show that you never know.

Halpysback*

Was Carlson on anyone else's radar? He seemed to have the same USHL obscurity thing going against him that got Benn drafted so low.

He didn't become a sensation until he had that 76 point season with the knights.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Was Carlson on anyone else's radar? He seemed to have the same USHL obscurity thing going against him that got Benn drafted so low.

He didn't become a sensation until he had that 76 point season with the knights.

My post for the 2008 thread...

I love this trade, and I love the pick. Carlson is a great player. I had him ranked #17. I'm suprised he lasted this long. Mcphee knows what he's doing. Gustafsson, and Carlson, and we have 2 2nd round picks tomorrow.

Obviously I was wrong about Gustafsson but I'll take Carlson over Eberle all day.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think it would interesting to hear bust predictions for maybe the top 20 or whatever prospects. Or if you dont want to use the word bust, who do you want George to avoid.

I am not in the know enough to be able to call the next Jeff Ballantyne but know there will be at least one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad