2012- ATD -End of the World Draft- Sign Up Thread!

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com

....policies of the draft to be decided.
Draft Commish up for grabs!

State team name asap!

EDIT by vecens24 (seventies and LL feel free to edit this as you wish as well): I'm going to try to keep track of all of the participants in the first post here

Up to date official count: 32

Leaf Lander: Toronto Maple Leafs
Bench Brawl: Les Canadiens de Montréal
vecens24: Hamilton Mustangs
monster_bertuzzi: Vancouver Millionaires
Hobnobs & Dreakmur: Rogle BK
Billyshoe1721: Philadelphia Flyers
markrander87: Cincinnati Fireworks
Bring Back Scuderi: Pittsburgh Keystones
MadArcand: Hartford Whalers
Velociraptor: Australia Mighty Roos
tony d: Garnish Cougars
jkrx: Winnipeg Falcons
DaveG: Lada Togliatti
Leafs Forever: Toronto St. Pats
TheDevilMadeMe: New Jersey Swamp Devils
vancityluongo and Hedberg: Winnipeg Saints
nik jr: Ak Bars Kazan
Hawkey Town 18: Chicago
Stoneberg: Halifax Mooseheads
DoMakc: Atlanta Thrashers
JFA87-66-99: Pittsburgh Bankers
papershoes: Kenora Thistles
Modo: Dawson City Nuggets
Nalyd Psycho: Minnesota Fighting Saints
arrbez: Inglewood Jacks
chaosrevolver: Seattle Metropolitans
Brave Canadian: Guelph Platers
Reds4Life: Detroit Reds
Johnny O: 1893 Montreal AAA
Dwight: West Island Lions
EagleBelfour - L'équipe Nationale de France
Mr Bugg - Kimberley Dynamiters

Wouldn't mind a co-GM: Johnny O, Reds4Life

Last edited by a moderator:

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
I'm defintely participating. Also I assume I'll be assisting whoever runs the draft with thread cleanup/all that kind of random upkeep stuff that needs done. Can't be a candidate to totally run it though because I'm taking twice the amount of classes I should this quarter.

Team name: Hamilton Mustangs.

Biographical history of the Hamilton Mustangs: A 17-year-old farmhand from rural New York state, Dean Youngblood (Rob Lowe) has dreams of playing in the National Hockey League. First he must prove to himself, his family and his teammates that he can survive in the harsh, brutal world of Canadian Junior Hockey with a rag tag team of roughnecks, the Hamilton Mustangs. Possessing blazing speed and a quick stick, he has a violent run-in with a brutish player, Carl Racki (George J. Finn), during try-outs. Youngblood quickly learns that flashiness and pure athletic ability will not be enough to be successful in this league.

After his mentor and friend on the team, Derek Sutton (Patrick Swayze) is brutally injured by the thuggish Racki (now with the rival Thunder Bay Bombers), Youngblood returns home to the farm out of fear, sadness, and disgust. After a pep-talk by his older brother, Kelly (Jim Youngs) about the nature of never quitting and always standing up for yourself, Youngblood is inspired to learn how to fight and survive on the ice and adapt the killer instinct that has been stopping him from being successful. Youngblood returns to the team a new man, ready to confront Racki in the final game of the Memorial Cup playoffs between his team and the Thunder Bay Bombers.

The game ends with a stunning game-winning penalty shot by Youngblood; yet it is far from over as Youngblood demands to his coach, Murray Chadwick (Ed Lauter) to be left in the game as time expires to confront Racki. "Let's go, Pretty Boy!" says Racki as he and Youngblood engage in a violent fight to the finish with his teammates and crowd including Youngblood's father Blane (Eric Nesterenko) and girlfriend Jessie (Cynthia Gibb) (Coach Chadwick's daughter), cheering him on. The fight starts with both Youngblood and Racki using their sticks as swords until Youngblood knocks Racki's stick out of his hands. Youngblood and Racki then fight bare-handed. Youngblood emerges victorious, landing several blows to the face and body of his nemesis Racki, and is carried off the ice on the shoulders of his teammates in celebration.

Reason for using the Hamilton Mustangs: As a film student, I normally try to base team names on past hockey films. And Youngblood is the most hilariously ridiculous hockey movie ever created. And because for some reason that escapes my grasp, I could watch anything Rob Lowe is in.

Jersey:
mustangs-youngblood-replica-jersey_big.jpg

Obligatory ridiculous Rob Lowe movie poster:
youngblood1986.jpg

Obligatory clip of Keanu Reeves committing an assault on all French Canadians with his accent:

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
DaveG - Lada Togliatti

352px-HC_Lada_Togliatti_Logo.svg.png

also, I'm up for working with a co-GM if there's someone without a ton of time or just simply someone new that wants in.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Hobnobs, who do not meet the post count. But again, we havn't clearly decided what would be the rules for this year ATD, which is why I feel this thread was started far too soon ... Will we ever learn?

Yup, pretty sure we decided on a 500 post minimum for solo GMs after the fiascos of last time.

Edit: Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we decided on the requirements to allow someone to GM his own team before starting the signup thread.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
hobnob might be treated differently though since he already participated in a draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad