2012/2013 Season Expecations

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
As it seems most of HFBoards has us finishing in the cellar this year, just kind of curious to see what my fellow ducks fans are expecting (hoping?) this season.

For me, I see an 6-8th finish.
Perry has a bounce back year.
Getz is a total question mark for me though, as is our blueline.

Last edited by a moderator:

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
10th. Won't be eliminated from the playoffs until a week or two before the end.

I was originally going to say a slow start would sink us yet again. But thinking back, don't Boudreau teams generally have the opposite problem? Hot start and then sink?

MMonarchs

Apr 10, 2011
Just some food for thought:

Go back and look at the prediction threads before 2010-2011...everyone had the Ducks in the basement. What happened?

Go back and look at the prediction threads before last season...pretty much everyone had the Ducks penciled in 6th. What happened?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Go back and look at the prediction threads before 2010-2011...everyone had the Ducks in the basement. What happened?

Go back and look at the prediction threads before last season...pretty much everyone had the Ducks penciled in 6th. What happened?

So... things can go right, or wrong?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

30th, picking 1st

:sarcasm:

I actually expect 6th. I think they can win a lot of tight games with Hiller and the current D, and a short season means Hiller shouldn't wear down.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I could definitely see them sneaking into the last 2 or 3 spots. Definitely depends on the young players.

DaDucks*

Wait, before u guys give your answers
Please note that I will be at every home game
This year

First time ever.. Kind of a big deal

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Its basically the same team as last year with a bigger more rugged defense.
Upfront they are too small and soft and lack the grit needed.
If somehow both Staubitz and Maroon make the team along with Beleskey it could be decent.
We still have a horrible coach and gm
Bounce back back Getzlaf season is another major factor

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
As I've stated elsewhere, I expect this team to make the playoffs. It's always a tight squeeze and a couple of points can make a big difference but I definitely see something between 4th and 8th.

justheducks

Feb 10, 2009
OC, California
www.myspace.com
Its basically the same team as last year with a bigger more rugged defense.
Upfront they are too small and soft and lack the grit needed.
If somehow both Staubitz and Maroon make the team along with Beleskey it could be decent.
We still have a horrible coach and gm
Bounce back back Getzlaf season is another major factor

O agree with everything except Bruce is not a horrible coach at all. We got rid of the terrible coach last year and he is in Toronto now.

Ducksgo*

As it seems most of HFBoards has us finishing in the cellar this year, just kind of curious to see what my fellow ducks fans are expecting (hoping?) this season.

For me, I see an 6-8th finish.
Perry has a bounce back year.
Getz is a total question mark for me though, as is our blueline.

I've been on this board for years, but I have a feeling we are in a world of hurt for this season and seasons to come if we don't lock Getz and perry. We don't have a num 1 center or Perry's numbers in our prospect pool. And the UFAs aren't that great for a few years. Sad to see but think we're pulling an Edmonton for a little bit :(

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
Anywhere from 12th to 5th...but if they just make the playoffs I'll be happy. If Getzlaf, Perry, Fowler, and Hiller play up to potential this team will be tough to face in the playoffs. But we all know how horribly wrong things can go...

Ducksgo*

30th, picking 1st

:sarcasm:

I actually expect 6th. I think they can win a lot of tight games with Hiller and the current D, and a short season means Hiller shouldn't wear down.

Agreed think were picking top 5 this year boys. Bring Jones or Lindholm to us.

Ducksgo*

I could definitely see them sneaking into the last 2 or 3 spots. Definitely depends on the young players.

Ehhh don't know Jesus our lines aren't that great since last season. Pretty worried about our shutdown line and our 2nd and third with koivu. This thread needs to be 2013-15 if Getz Perry sign else where and Selanne an Koivu retire? Talk about a rebuild!!!!! Wow :(

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think we're anywhere from a high draft pick to a quick first round out. Say, 7th-13th in the West. Based on what I remember from last year, what I've seen since then, and the extent to which I think thinks will change once the team hits the ice, I don't think there's enough here. There's just too much that has to go right.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ehhh don't know Jesus our lines aren't that great since last season. Pretty worried about our shutdown line and our 2nd and third with koivu. This thread needs to be 2013-15 if Getz Perry sign else where and Selanne an Koivu retire? Talk about a rebuild!!!!! Wow :(

Let's say your worst case scenario comes true...We lose Getz, Perry, Koivu, and Selanne.

Then we draft Connor MacDavid...Problem solved :nod:

Ducksgo*

Let's say your worst case scenario comes true...We lose Getz, Perry, Koivu, and Selanne.

Then we draft Connor MacDavid...Problem solved :nod:

Hahah angel you always bring humor to threads man..... :P

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

it really depends on the depth scoring that the Holland, Palms etc. could provide. It's a lot of risk and that's why I think they'll be right on the bubble.

I definitely expect Getzlaf to be at least a PPG player this year though.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
O agree with everything except Bruce is not a horrible coach at all. We got rid of the terrible coach last year and he is in Toronto now.

Terrible coaches don't win championships. Carlyle may be hard to like but it doesn't mean he's not one of the better coaches around.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Terrible coaches don't win championships. Carlyle may be hard to like but it doesn't mean he's not one of the better coaches around.

The only issue I had with Carlyle was his insistence that the player change to fit his system rather than modifying his system to fit the players. That's a hallmark of a truly elite coach in any sport IMO. Anyone calling him a bad coach is off base though.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
In goal I see us set with Hiller and Fasth, defense, well, I don't know. I expect Luca to improve but we need Cam to be good. I'm not so sure about him. The rest, well, glad we got bigger. Up in front everything stands and falls with the big 3 and I hope they play well. Btw, despite the lower production, I see Kyle Palermi playing well as well as Bonino. From a sentimental standpoint Belesky should break out.

Overall, if everything runs well, top 4 in the west, otherwise borderline playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad